Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with the Spiegler LSL handlebar kits on a pre-05 Sprint ST? I've read some old posts here, but the only pictures I've seen are on the newer style bikes. Even on their website, the only picture is of a post-05 bike.

I have an '03 with the Genmar risers, but I am still looking for more of an upright position (and the bars closer to me). I have a dirtbike background, and I am really struggling with the sporty riding position. I just don't want to drop the money on the LSL kit, only to find out that it doesn't do much more than the risers already on the bike.

I contacted Spiegler, and they said they only guaranty the fit with the superbike bars (which come stock in the kit). They also offer a high superbike bar, but they are not sure if there would be issues with the fairing.

Thanks for any insight or advice.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I recently converted a 2000 sprint to the LSL bars I will take some pictures for you sometime within the next week with dimensions

Keith R

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Keith,
Thanks for the offer of taking some pictures....that would be great.

So tell me, what do you think of the kit? Did it really change the riding position for you? Any problems with the install?

Thanks again for any info.

·
Premium Member
24,383 Posts
Welcome

Welcome Zigman:)

there are quite a few photos in this forum already of these bars if you try the search function you should be able to dig them up:)

It is quite a popular bar mod on this board.

On being a noob Don and I ask all our noobs to please read our forum stickies.

Thanks in advance and enjoy the forum:)

DaveM:cool:

·
Registered
26 Posts
link to pic's

http://www.triumphrat.net/memberalbums/showgallery.php/cat/1036

Zegman

Yes I think the bars helped with the ride position the bars are as high as they can be without hitting the front bodywork that holds the windshield.

I did not have any problems with the installation just don’t rush the job. You will need to replace your break fluid and bleed the system after changing out the line. On my bike the new clutch cable was a bit longer then necessary but not a problem. You will also need to drill anti rotation holes in the bars after you decide on the position of the switch housings.

For me I like the new position just fine, it is not straight up if that is what you are looking for.

One thing to do is work on your neutral riding posture, place your hands on the grips with your elbows bent and down. You can tell if you are placing pressure on the bars by taking one hand off, the bars should stay straight if they turn one handed you are not neutral.

With the bike on the center stand the bars were approx 3-1/2” higher from the ground. The distance from the seat was nearly the same as stock do to the added width.

Keith

1 - 5 of 5 Posts