Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All
I have just installed a set of LSL clip ons which have a slightly less downward angle. I took a test drive and i am very impressed. First off i wanted to keep the overall look that the clip ons give. I am not keen on the bars on top of the triple clamp. It gives approx 1 inch over the originals with just a 5 degree angle which is just enough to improve the comfort. I have attached a few pix. I am leaving on a 2500 mile trip in about 3 weeks and wanted that little extra lift.
Cheers John.

·
Registered
97 Posts
did you have to mod anything to get those on? I've got an 08' thrux and was looking at the woodcraft clipons, but I read somewhere that I may need to cut the metal tubing the headlight bracket is attached to. Just wondering how easy to install the lsl ones are. The read bars are sweet :D

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hi J Danger
That is right, I had to cut the tube that holds the headlight bracket by 3/8. No big deal. (One of the rubber seals was crumbling I'm not sure why but you may want to have a few on hand.) They were not to bad to install. The instructions called for taking the top yolk off. I installed them by pulling the forks out the bottom. The only real tricky part was finding a place to mount the brake resevoir. I bought a couple of stainless steel L brackets and attached them to one of the bolts on the clip ons. It took me a fair amount of time because i wanted to make sure nothing bound up, but as i say it was all carried out with basic tools. I did make sure i followed all the proper tourque settings. I am very happy with how it looks and feels now. That extra inch makes a lot of difference.
Here is the web site link. The price includes the bars, many different colors which is a pretty good deal.
http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=231

Also now i can get rid of the Mickey Mouse mirrors and fit those nice ones for the speed triple:)
Cheers John.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts