Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, after a 400 Klm ride on Saturday, in Quebec, my shoulders, neck and back where ACHING!!! At 66 I'm thinking about selling the st and getting a Tiger...a much more upright ride...shame really, because I, really, really love my ride!!
Then I find, via another member, that there is an alternative to selling the st...a ready made solution ? a bar conversion kit is available for the st by a German company by the name of LSL...It comes with a new triple tree, standard bar riser clamps, handlebars, brake line, etc, everything you need, apparently ?
I found several dealers in the States and ordered a set... however, do your research, as prices can differ by as much as $100.00 and shipping to Canada is all over the place!!!

I'll keep you posted once I get delivery and the conversion complete... I'm so happy to know that there is an alternative to selling my st.

I hope this helps other's with similar problems ??️??

·
Registered
2,020 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Almost done....took the upper fairing off to change a headlight bulb and tidy up some of the wiring.

Quite a fairly easy process really...once you have removed the switches/levers and stock bars you install the triple tree over plate and spaces using two m8 shcs...new risers/bars and clamps... clutch lever/new clutch cable... attached brake fluid pot... install s s brake line, (and bleed off).
Check and rechecked everything...done?

Reinstalled upper fairing, etc, fired her up to check the clutch and brakes...done?

Ready for a run out tomorrow... good night all??

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you're thinking about doing this conversion and your ride has stock heated grips, you need bars to accommodate... something I didn't realise at the time of purchase.
Aftermarket heated grips, by and large, shouldn't be a problem...?

2 - The LSL conversion kit doesn't come with bar end weights and the stock one's on my '03 st didn't fit... I've asked my supplier to source for me ?

Attachments

·
Registered
654 Posts
I did the exact same as you but made my own plates and speed triple bars and risers. Now I have a busa front conversion and looking for the perfect risers. Nice to have bars instead of clipons

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I did the exact same as you but made my own plates and speed triple bars and risers. Now I have a busa front conversion and looking for the perfect risers. Nice to have bars instead of clipons
Nice... interested in any update regarding which risers you go with ?
I do agree with you about the bars over clipons???

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you're thinking about doing this conversion and your ride has stock heated grips, you need bars to accommodate... something I didn't realise at the time of purchase.
Aftermarket heated grips, by and large, shouldn't be a problem...?

2 - The LSL conversion kit doesn't come with bar end weights and the stock one's on my '03 st didn't fit... I've asked my supplier to source for me ?
Did you ever add the stock heated grips? I have read there is a way to accommodate them with the LSL bars.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Did you ever add the stock heated grips? I have read there is a way to accommodate them with the LSL bars.
Sorry for the delay...I purchased a set of aftermarket grips. My oem grips worked intermittently...when I did the conversion I found the wire's, right at the grip's, was frayed. Given that the grip's where original and well worn, changing to aftermarket wasn't a big deal really. Very happy with the overall outcome.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sorry for the delay...I purchased a set of aftermarket grips. My oem grips worked intermittently...when I did the conversion I found the wire's, right at the grip's, was frayed. Given that the grip's where original and well worn, changing to aftermarket wasn't a big deal really. Very happy with the overall outcome.
Thank you Sir.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I noticed the top clamps are facing forward vs. backwards so the bars are actually not as far back as they could be. Was that intentional? Thanks as a I am getting ready to do this same modification.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I noticed the top clamps are facing forward vs. backwards so the bars are actually not as far back as they could be. Was that intentional? Thanks as a I am getting ready to do this same modification.
I tried them both ways but found this way was better, for me.

You will have a more comfortable ride position, once you do the conversion👍

let me know, which way you went 👍🏍🇨🇦

·
Registered
6 Posts
This photo is from the LSL website.

I tried them both ways but found this way was better, for me.

You will have a more comfortable ride position, once you do the conversion👍

let me know, which way you went 👍🏍🇨🇦
Thanks for the response. Still waiting for the kit to arrive.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts