Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm looking to lower my sprint rs footpegs a bit. i've raised the bars with genmar risers and it gave me just enough extra room. haven't seen any thing for the footpegs though. has anyone else run into this and come up with a solution. any thoughts on this would be appriciated, thanks

·
Registered
528 Posts
I don`t think lowering the foot pegs is a good idea.If you`re long legged,maybe try a rearset(moves them up and back like a Daytona,jack lily i think has them)or put some more padding in the seat.But lower the pegs would cause them to Drag much sooner in a corner,not always a good thing at low speeds
my 2.2 cents

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I'm not 100% sure if this is the correct model but somewhere I read that Buell 'Lightning' foot pegs will lower you by about an inch and are a near bolt on. I think the hole may need enlarging slightly. It certainly would be worth a trip to the parts counter for a look see! For the most part as a bonus Buell doesn't stick it to their customers for parts as Triumph like to!

[ This message was edited by: Stlakid on 2006-12-04 14:20 ]

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the info guys, i'm not worried about lowering the pegs enough to pose a problem in everyday riding. i'll have to check out the buell pegs Stlakid, i appreciate it!

·
Registered
204 Posts
I was looking for the same thing. Wanted to lower the pegs on my 03 ST, but was told that it was probably a bad idea. So I took the rubber pads off and got an extra 1/2 inch. I don't know if the RS has these, but if it does it will work fine without them.

rash

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well here's what i've found out so far, Stlakid is right, buell lightening pegs, #s: N0520.1AD & N0520.1AD and ulysses pegs, #s: N0502.1AK & N0503.1AK look to be close enough that with some minor massageing they'll work. at $15.95 each they're worth a try. with my knees every little bit helps, i got these knees from falling off too many times on the track, i don't care if i drag the pegs too easily.

you don't stop riding because you get old, you get old because you stop riding!

·
Registered
241 Posts
catdaddy:
I'm with you on the comfort issue. Keep us posted on how the pegs turn out. I really hate going to a Harley shop, but if the Buell pegs work I'll bite the bullet.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
We should add these part #'s to a list somewhere for this.

I believe the foot pegs I used are for the Buell XB9S. The part numbers are N0520.1AD and N0521.1AD. The total cost was about $34 or so.
The above link has lots of good pictures.
LINK from above.

BOLD = LINK

[ This message was edited by: Stlakid on 2006-12-05 16:45 ]

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i'm going to get footpegs this weekend, will post my observations thereafter, thanks to everyone for their thoughts.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Send your seat to SARGENT seats. They do great work. They can modify your stock seat in many ways to your specifications and being it's Christmas time there will be some coupons for discounts as this is their slow time of the year.

BOLD = LINK

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
just a quick update for anyone who has been following this story, went to harley shop for buell footpegs discussed earlier, "we don't sell buells here", ok! went to harley shop on other side of city, they had one footpeg in stock!, ordered the other, every buell i looked at in showroom except one had the smaller type peg i was interested in. must be buell owners don't crash. anyway, came home and looked at my sprint, footpegs will work with just a little grinding to narrow them, pin is almost the same size, can either drill out bracket and use larger pin or drill out footpeg and use bushing, only observation i can make without riding the bike is buell pegs drop an inch alright but have an offset to the rear of about an inch or so more than stock. remains to be seen whether this will be better but for $33 total i'll give it a try. PS: reason i didn't ride it today, it was 11 degrees this morning with a forcast high of 20, will be back in the 50's this weekend but i've got to work!

·
Registered
493 Posts
I have the Buell Lightning pegs on my S4, and absolutely love them. I found that a 10mm auto shell casing makes a perfect bushing for the install. Here is mine trimmed and bushed.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Joe-Dirt....very cool tip!

If you're like me and don't have any laying around I would suggest the HOBBY store. They have brass rods in incremental sizes where each size up slides into the next one. maybe a dollar or two each depending on size. You can use more than one if necessary too.

Here's an online source I found...........K&S Brass Tube

The sizes listed in the link are for the outside diameter. The next size smaller tube will slip into the next size larger tube. The wall thickness is .014"

·
Registered
659 Posts
On 2006-12-04 14:19, Stlakid wrote:
I'm not 100% sure if this is the correct model but somewhere I read that Buell 'Lightning' foot pegs will lower you by about an inch and are a near bolt on. I think the hole may need enlarging slightly. It certainly would be worth a trip to the parts counter for a look see! For the most part as a bonus Buell doesn't stick it to their customers for parts as Triumph like to!
i did the buel footpeg mod on a sv1000s suzuki. cheap, simple and effective for my long 36" inside legs. a tenth of the price of rearsets!
i bought mine from harley davidson guernsey for about £25 inc postage and no vat.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts