Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if this question has been answered already but is it possible to lower the Sprint ST using the suspension?

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
heliandy,

the rear can be lowered by loosening the adjuster and rotating the ecentric that the axle rides in counter clockwise. this will loosen the chain but if you keep going in that direction the chain will tighten back up and the rear will sit lower. can't tell how much lower but it will do it.

the front you'll need to slide the fork tubes up in the clamps to match the drop in the rear.

I think Oldndumb did a write up in the Sprint forum. You could try a search on it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Not sure if you tried reversing the rear axel eccentric, but my dealer reversed mine before I picked up my 2007 Sprint ST 1050 brandnew over 1 year ago and it did help. Along with cutting the seat foam down its better but I'm not sure if they adjusted the front...
I'll check into that. I'm only about 5'4" and still need about an inch more to feel more comfortable on the bike.
There is a new thread started on 03/18/2009 if your interested in reading other ideas.:motorbike:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts