Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
They're nice, really nice. I have to say I'm willing to settle for the Buell Ulysses pegs for about $25 a pair plus file and dremel work but those are nicer in the sense they'r wider and the teeth look sharper.

·
Registered
896 Posts
a big difference for me

found this elsewhere.....................

http://www.tigertriple.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5822&highlight=

New pegs made by one of the members. More area for foot and lower than stock pegs.

Think I might order a set to save my old knee's. Thought others might be interested.

I really do like the new pegs.. as much for the firm feel when you put weight on them when standing or just coming off the seat for a sec to absorb a bump, as for the added leg room.... the Buell solution works too... and you can;t argue with the price..

I was the design guinea pig (gladly, no tiger riders were harmed as a result of product testing) for these pegs and one of the changes made to them, were to make them longer so a wide foot has more support.

On the OEM pegs, my feet felt like what they were on was all squishy when standing. There is a slight increase in vibrations felt, but it is much less than I had anticipated and I do not think it will be an issue.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Wish I would have seen these before fitting Buell footpegs. They look much stronger and nicer. Decent price too. Nice work!

I'm not real comfortable with the amount of material I had to remove to make the Buell pegs fit. More of a hassle than it's worth in my opinion, with a good $100 option out there.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine are on order right now, will hopefully have by end of next week.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Great kit

I ordered mine last Wednesday, they shipped Friday and were on the bike Monday afternoon. Very quick and easy install - I wish all mods were this easy! There is definately a different feel when your boot goes to the peg. Not better, not worse - just different and something to get used to. I really do like that I don't feel so 'folded up' on the bike now - it's a more comfortable fit for me.

For reference, I'm 6'-2" and 250 lbs.

I've not had them long, but so far these pegs get my seal of approval!

Cheers,
Brian

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep, mine arrive monday, just haven't had time to put them on yet.

Did you have to adjust the brake or shift lever????

·
Registered
114 Posts
Adjust controls?

I've not adjusted anything just yet - wanted to spend some time with them first. My initial impression is that I really like the realationship of the brake pedal better now. With the peg being lower, you get a much more positive action with less effort - so I'll likely leave the brake pedal alone.

The shifter is taking a little longer to get used to. It's almost like riding your buddies bike - it feels familiar, but not the same. I'm going to give my left foot a little more time to get used to the new relationship before I make any adjustments.

Cheers,
Brian

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just got'um installed

Just put the new pegs on the Blue Beast. Can't wait to try to them out.

Understand what you mean Brian. Just from sitting on bike brake feels ok but shifter will have to give it a try first to see how it works out.

My knee's are looking forward to this test ride........................

·
Registered
26 Posts
You guys still loving these pegs. I put buell pegs on and it is not a great fit. Anyone have Touratechs? They are supposed to only work on 2004 and earlier 955's. I am not sure of the difference. I have an '05 and am reluctant to buy if they don't fit perfect.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yep, no complaints. The knee's now pain free and better seating position, for me, on the bike. I did adjust the shift lever a bit which took just a couple of min.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I, too rotated the shift lever down one notch. Just returned from a 2600 mile thrashing over 5 days and the pegs provide just that little bit of extra room to keep from feeling cramped up. Highly recommended!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Looks like I found this thread too late as I can't open the link for those pegs................................ are there any more alternatives out there, Thanks :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts