Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi- please can anyone help ? I need to lower my 1998 model Sprint but cannot find any lowering dog bones anywhere. Kits are available for 2000 models off the shelf. I am not looking at spending a lot of money so please no suggestions of buying a shorter rear shock. Perhaps someone might know of an independent supplier...I understand this model/year has splined bearings and not as simple as later models..
Cheers.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
Most people looking to lower these bikes flip the eccentrics in the swingarm, then pull the fork tubes up through the triple clamps a bit to restore the geometry. Only downside is the stands: you'll have a hell of a time getting it onto the center stand, and the side stand won't be as leaned over as it should.

Cheers,
-Kit

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that..It looks like that is the only option. I can chop the 2 feet of the centre stand...shorten the legs and re-weld the feet back on myself.. I will probably get my local workshop to sort out the eccentrics and forks.
The seat is presently undergoing surgery to shave a little off and my local cobbler is adding a thicker sole to my boots !
Cheers for that.

·
Registered
333 Posts
My opinion, for whatever it's worth: Go with shaving the seat first to see if that gets you low enough. That's what I did on my dirt bike. I tried flipping the eccentrics on my Sprint, but the H pipe on my exhaust would hit on speed bumps and such. Not a good situation, so I switched them back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts