Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just started riding again after a 3 year hiatus and I forgot how hot summer riding is with the radiator fan blowing on my legs. For those who have changed to a lower temperature fan switch, does it make much of a difference for riding comfort? I would expect the fan runs more, hence blowing more air but at a lower temperature.

2004 TBS

·
Premium Member
6,462 Posts
What is this 'hot summer' you speak of? :confused:

:D

IMO the lower temp fan switch would be worth a try, it should help a bit probably. Much better for the engine too.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
It has not been hot up here but I have run the Bird with the new sensor for a couple hundred miles and like the higher temp switch have yet to have the fan come on. I have ridden some city but it has not been nearly as warm as you get (yet!).:)

·
Registered
792 Posts
hot summer i agree with mike we no clue wat they are in this part of world but ,i look fwd to seeing what comes of this thread ,nvr new they could fit one of these

·
Registered
221 Posts
95F+ here. I installed the lower temp switch about a month ago. I DO see a difference. There have been several times the fan has been running when I stop after being in traffic. The fan comes on earlier and shuts off shortly after I turn off the engine. There is a thread in the maintenance tips and tricks section

1 - 6 of 6 Posts