Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am tall and would like to lower my footpegs about two inches on my '09 Bonneville. I realize that it will reduce the ability to "lay it over" but for me...those days are few and far between.
I need to be comfortable. I apprecaite any suggestions you might offer.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
I'm am tallish but there are a lot of guys much taller than me on here riding the stock peg position because they don't want to lose precious lean angle...what riding these bikes is about. I have come to this school slowly. Many that have put lowering pegs on their bikes have taken them off.
If still interested there is a gentlemen in the UK that makes very nice waterjet cut brackets for a fair price and he sells on eBay. He ships to the US.
I will leave you with a well worn cavaet if you do this however...be careful what you wish for....
Cheers,
George

·
Registered
687 Posts
seat

The 09 has a seat that was sculpted down quite a bit from previous Bonnies. Try a swap with an older seat if you can. Always seems to be old stockers on Ebay. You may also want to get higher bars. Not sure if the various risers work on an 09 since they have 7/8in. bars except the T100.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
If you switch the pegs - left to right/right to left - they are noticably lowered. The scraper need to be removed, of course. Doesn't look as good but much more comfortable.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm am tallish but there are a lot of guys much taller than me on here riding the stock peg position because they don't want to lose precious lean angle...what riding these bikes is about. I have come to this school slowly. Many that have put lowering pegs on their bikes have taken them off.
If still interested there is a gentlemen in the UK that makes very nice waterjet cut brackets for a fair price and he sells on eBay. He ships to the US.
I will leave you with a well worn cavaet if you do this however...be careful what you wish for....
Cheers,
George
I am an older rider (70) and because of my knees would like to consider lowering the pegs on my 07 Bonneville. You refered to a product produced in England and sold on e-bay --- could you give me some more definitive info on finding this product. Indeed if as you feel some seriuos riders are moving back to the original equipment --- I would gladly talk about buying the used product--I have no idea about cost. Any thoughts out there???

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
I am an older rider (70) and because of my knees would like to consider lowering the pegs on my 07 Bonneville. You refered to a product produced in England and sold on e-bay --- could you give me some more definitive info on finding this product. Indeed if as you feel some seriuos riders are moving back to the original equipment --- I would gladly talk about buying the used product--I have no idea about cost. Any thoughts out there???
Seventy years of age and riding a Bonneville? You are so very young, my friend! :D
Oh, try PMing Modre, Dick. He has some very good lowering kits - especially to help someone who needs one to help with troubled knees. He's a member here.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Hi Dick,
Here you go...no affiliation other than a nice guy I traded some emails with:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TRIUMPH-BONNE...14&_trkparms=72:1683|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

As mentioned, his prices are good and quality appears good as well...waterjetting is clean cutting method and there is no magical to these brackets.

Good Luck...and I plan on riding at 70 as well...God willing...
Best,
George

1 - 8 of 8 Posts