Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A simpleton and Elvis fan in need of help... I picked up battery tender at a junk sale. 5 bucks, no instructions. Do I need to take the seat off each time I hook it up? How long can or should I leave ot on? Do I attach to both terminals or just one and a ground? Can I hook it up to my earlobes for a cheap thrill?

Thanks for helping. Long live The King.

· Registered
2,054 Posts
a battery tender, if its working right, will only charge the battery as much as it needs it, so it wont over-charge.
you'll need to take the seat off, unless you make up a wired assembly with a connector somewhere on the bike, and you can connect it to that.
the black goes to battery neg, the red to battery pos.
if you hook it up to your ears, you may actually get to meet elvis..if thats the kinda thrill you're looking for
G. :cool:

· Registered
5,612 Posts
Another suggestion .... order the Triumph accessory socket ... a little pricy at $30, but it comes with a small bracket that makes mounting easy. It uses a BMW style plug (smaller than cigarette lighter plug). And it attaches to one of the plugs under tha gas tank in no time. (You'd need to get the Batt Tender adaptor with the BMW male plug). Now you simply plug the Tender into the accessory socket when you want to give it a charge. I put my acc plug on for that purpose, and also as a quick hookup for an electric vest.

Bob

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank ya, thank ya veramuch.
I think I'm good to go. Before I got my Bonnie, I was looking at BC and NB at all their accessories thinking, "why would I ever need seat bolt extenders?" Or rear-sets, or different handlebars, or...
Thnaks again guys.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.