Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What a treat! These should have come stock- I was told they were the stock replacements on the big KTM and BMW enduros, they really feel good.

Put 400 miles on them so far- the t. its are still on them, but they gram a little better now than when new. I rode it on roads, dirts roads, across a grassy field, in the sand- feels like they belong everywhere.

And they LOOK like enduro tires. Really gave the bike a more aggressive look. Doubt I can handle tight turns at high speeds now, but thats not my style of riding anyway.

·
Registered
6 Posts
That's good to know

I've been eying a set for my 05 Tiger. I really wish there was a tire that was slightly less aggressive and that you could corner well on and still climb up a hill or do some sandy roads. Oh well, you can't have it all. Enjoy your new tires.

·
Registered
794 Posts
I ran a set of these last summer on a long trip to Canada which included lots of tough dirt. They were great.
However they are a pain in the butt for the highway stretches.

·
Registered
26 Posts
tkc's are great

The problem is that rear lasts about 2500 miles. Prob get 3 rears to 1 front.

I think they are smooth and handle in all conditions. I would love to find a tire that could make it 5K though and have the same knobbies.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Better than expected-

One member wrote that he got 8K on a set of these, which was a main reason I took them. I'm not saying thats normal, or what I expect to get, but if I can get 3000-5000 as opposed to the 8000, I'll be happy.

They make the bike start to look like a serious enduro as well. I need my next acquisition, Renthal bars and some other tidbits to finish it off.

I'm definitely not pushing it in the corners now, I hit exits slower, and I take a bit more care, but thats the trade off- I didn't buy the bike for touring, mostly around town, dirt roads and some powerline trails.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts