Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The mirrors on my 2014 Storm are terrible. Too short stalks and shaped wrong mirror. When I aim them correctly all I see is my arms and a little bit of the road behind me on the smallest part of the mirror.
If that wasn't bad enough,the way they mount is unlike any other in that they take an Allen bolt from the bottom. All my other mirrors that I have lying around just screw in.
Have any of you changed the mirrors ?

JJ

·
Premium Member
1,341 Posts
I used convex Kuryakyn magnum plus mirrors with long stems on my Rockets and TBird. I believe adapters were required.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I don't much like the mirrors on my 2013 TBird. One thing that helped see past my shoulders was to push them away, which seemed counter intuitive. The angle of the stems makes them higher when pushed away.

I think I looked at the magnum plus mirrors and didn't like the appearance. That mounting is a pain too. Need an adapter to install anything else.

·
Premium Member
1,341 Posts
I don't much like the mirrors on my 2013 TBird. One thing that helped see past my shoulders was to push them away, which seemed counter intuitive. The angle of the stems makes them higher when pushed away.

I think I looked at the magnum plus mirrors and didn't like the appearance. That mounting is a pain too. Need an adapter to install anything else.
Each to his own. I got them for all my cruisers because they are wide and with the long stems and convex surface give a wide field of view. You can probably find similar qualities in other brands.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Each to his own. I got them for all my cruisers because they are wide and with the long stems and convex surface give a wide field of view. You can probably find similar qualities in other brands.
I'll give them another look. Do you remember what adapters you used?

·
Premium Member
1,341 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts