Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have made my my 2018 Tiger 1200 XRT ROAR with a very LOUD horn instead of 'meeping' with the feeble factory kitten-horn.

I installed a set of the PIAA 'Slender' horns up under front fender. You can't see them without getting down under the fender. The fender won't hit them. They mount on existing bolts. No relay required as they draw only 5 amps. ECU is fine with it. I've installed these also on Yamaha FJR1300 and YZF-R1 years ago with zero problems, so they do last and work well.

So, ATTACHED here is a PDF doc I whipped up with all the details. Happy honking!

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have made my my 2018 Tiger 1200 XRT ROAR with a very LOUD horn instead of 'meeping' with the feeble factory kitten-horn.

I installed a set of the PIAA 'Slender' horns up under front fender. You can't see them without getting down under the fender. The fender won't hit them. They mount on existing bolts. No relay required as they draw only 5 amps. ECU is fine with it. I've installed these also on Yamaha FJR1300 and YZF-R1 years ago with zero problems, so they do last and work well.

So, ATTACHED here is a PDF doc I whipped up with all the details. Happy honking!
Thanks for the heads up on these horns. I ordered a set and just installed them on each side of the front turn signal mount bolt, which required no drilling or bracket fabrication on my 2015 TEX. Maybe a little tacky hanging out there for all to see the PIAA badges (I don't care). They are really loud!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the heads up on these horns. I ordered a set and just installed them on each side of the front turn signal mount bolt, which required no drilling or bracket fabrication on my 2015 TEX. Maybe a little tacky hanging out there for all to see the PIAA badges (I don't care). They are really loud!
Pics?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts