Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all , I am down in Bakersfield, California and have came accross a motorcycle shop getting rid of all their Triumph and BSA parts. He is asking less than 400.00 for everything. I myself would buy all of it but we are in my wifes little rav4 and just with the few parts I did buy the car is filled.
Go to craigslist in Bakersfield, Ca. under Triumph and you will find his post.
Thought someone might want these parts, don't think you can find them cheeper anywhere. See ya when I get back home.
thanks, Bruce57

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
If his Craigslist ad is on the level, and the parts are useable or restorable, then they've already been snapped up, I'm sure of it. Worth a try, though.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
parts are for real, I was just down there and bought a wiring harness along with several other things. His father had the buisness and has now passed, at least that is what my nephew told me. The son and owner does not want to service anything but harleys and has a room full of unwanted parts for Triumph and Bsa. Several rolling chassies, frames side cases seats misc. He made the comment that he did not want to move them twice, so I guess he may be planning on moving the shop soon.
67fire-- I do not know how to copy links so just bring up craigslist and then craigslist bakersfield. The post is in the motorcycle area under Triumph and BSA parts.
At the time I purchased the harness and things attached to the frame as well as a pair of unused mufflers and a seat for 90.00 he was asking 400.00 for everything and was going to lower his price again because of the things that I had bought.
He is not a fraud, he is a real person who desprately wants to get rid of ALL OF THESE PARTS.
Does not cost a thing to look at the post but do what you want.
Bruce57

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
some one was looking for chrome fenders for their Triumph here in a post I read and just thought I would add that there are several chrome fenders in this lot. If I had the room they would be going home with me. I bought my parts from this guy TODAY so they are still available.

·
Premium Member
4,862 Posts
How is that stuff not sold yet? If I was anywhere near there I'd rent a big UHaul truck and buy it all.

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
I just called my friend in San Diego County, who does maticulously perfect trailer queen British restorations, and keeps an inventory of parts. Although he's going to call the guy about specific parts, his initial reaction was that he didn't want to drive to Bakersfield. This may be one reason the stuff didn't get snapped up immediately.

·
Banned
2,152 Posts
Likely the pile has been picked through for all the good stuff long ago. Looks like a pile of rusty bones to me.

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
My friend called me this afternoon. The first thing he said was "damn you!" :) He didn't want to bother, initially, but apparently he saw several things he could use, so he bought the lot.

·
Premium Member
22,706 Posts
Well, he might be able to make a complete bike or two.

He could also combine all the parts and make the ultimate mongrel.

·
Premium Member
4,862 Posts
My friend called me this afternoon. The first thing he said was "damn you!" :) He didn't want to bother, initially, but apparently he saw several things he could use, so he bought the lot.
Funny mister, and awesome! I'm glad that loot went to someone like will make some good use with the parts.

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Just a follow-up post for closure. My friend ran through some of the things he's identified. There are some mystery parts, and he has another dozen or more crates to inventory. So far: scads of BSA frames; two 441 Victor rolling chassis; one, possibly two Triumph cubs; a large bag of NOS Triumph fork parts with receipt still in bag; tons of seats, some new, mostly Japanese but one dealer return Moto Guzzi seat with an easily repairable vinyl rip, and a few very old mystery seats; several pre-unit, apparently rebuilt engine bottoms; a few heads with new valve jobs; several complete Triumph wheels/hubs, two apparently new; frustratingly, just one Italian racing fork, etc.

With van and trailer piled high, he estimated 3,000 to 4,000 lbs. No sheet metal. Apparently, the lot went through a first round of selective scavenging, where a lot of good stuff got scooped up. This batch was the leftovers, but nevertheless worth $400. His quick, conservative estimate of sellable stuff is minimum $4,000. A handful of frames and junk will go to the scrap yard.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts