Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all. i have kind of an unusual question for you all. i, recently, changed out the stock handlebars for the NH M bars. in doing so, i removed the stock mirrors and stems and installed Napoleon bar ends. now the wife is adamant about riding with me and the m bars are not really cutting it. i am either going to go back to the stock bars or try the NH UK low bars. i will probably use the stems of the stock mirrors with some Star OEM mirrors. the problem is that i have lost one of the little metal spacers that surround the stem at the point they attach to the handlebars. without them the stems just float around. what can i do to fix this? anybody got a spare one laying around they wouldn't mind parting with? thanks, keith

·
Registered
10,845 Posts
If you are referring to the washer on the bottom, under the screw head, use the same size stainless metric split-ring lockwasher. It works better than the original washer anyway, because it's thicker.

If you want my original washers, you can have them, but the thicker lockwasher works better, allows you to get the mirror tighter so it doesn't rotate at high speed.

·
Registered
4,911 Posts
Put a little course steel wool in there. It`ll swage in a little and lock the stem in tight.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that is correct roaddog. i lost one of those little metal rings

·
Registered
18 Posts
homemade

i just cut a part from a pie pan, folder it in 1/2, and viola! worked perfectly.
ha

·
Registered
453 Posts
For me, the M-Bars mounted the "normal" way are way more comfortable riding with a pillion than the stock bars. That's just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
rise up or down? mine are mounted with the rise up.-keith

·
Registered
162 Posts
if you need those parts, pm me and I'll mail em out :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts