Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm after some advise from anyone who has been through this before. I only had one key for my '98 Daytona T595 and I have managed to loose it! Possible from my open pocket while green laning.

Has anyone here had to get hold of replacement keys without an original? The bike is now stuck in the garage with the steering lock on and I'm most unhappy with myself.:(

·
Premium Member
3,434 Posts
fizzy77, Keys can be made without using a copy. It takes a bit of time and a good locksmith can do the deed. It isn't inexpensive because of the time involved.

One aspect to remember is that the pillion cowl/saddle can't be removed so it's best to fit the ignition switch. Your dealer or Triumph should be able to supply a cut key, but you'll have to prove ownership.

Brad

·
Registered
164 Posts
If you have the key code on any documents you hold for the bike you should be able to obtain one from a Triumph dealer.
Maybe Triumph could match one to the VIN from records if you don't have the number?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have contacted the dealer today and he is going to see if he can get hold of one from Triumph. Fingers crossed. A locksmith has quoted me £150 to make one.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I have contacted the dealer today and he is going to see if he can get hold of one from Triumph. Fingers crossed. A locksmith has quoted me £150 to make one.
Yes,
the dealer can get you ready cut keys using your vin#. They will ask you to bring in your registration to prove ownership. It takes a week or so and you will have a new key. When i bought my T595 it came with one non-triumph key. I got 2 for around $35 US.

·
Premium Member
3,018 Posts
Yes,
the dealer can get you ready cut keys using your vin#. They will ask you to bring in your registration to prove ownership. It takes a week or so and you will have a new key. When i bought my T595 it came with one non-triumph key. I got 2 for around $35 US.
X2
I had to do that last year with my 98 T595. I bought it from my girlfriends brother and it had been sitting for years and he lost all the keys. We called the dealer he bought the bike brand new from and they got them cut through Triumph. Took about a week and was about $50 I think with priority shipping.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts