Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a quick video and pics of my lossa cone install. They are definitely louder than they seem on the video. At first I thought they were too loud for my taste, as I had only ran the bike in my garage. Once I got it out on the road, I completely changed my mind and LOVE them...

http://youtu.be/V1X-6gEWoi0

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
Waiting on mine (among other things) to come in the mail. Those sound GREAT!!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The more you ride them the more you'll love em.
I definitely agree. Rode to work this morning and the more I hear them, the more I love them. Doing the 02, airbox, and AI deletes this Saturday, and then loading Pieman's Tune 12. Can't wait to see/hear/feel the results!!

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I definitely agree. Rode to work this morning and the more I hear them, the more I love them. Doing the 02, airbox, and AI deletes this Saturday, and then loading Pieman's Tune 12. Can't wait to see/hear/feel the results!!
That's the right tune and yes you're going to love it.;)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Here is a quick video and pics of my lossa cone install. They are definitely louder than they seem on the video. At first I thought they were too loud for my taste, as I had only ran the bike in my garage. Once I got it out on the road, I completely changed my mind and LOVE them...

http://youtu.be/V1X-6gEWoi0
After installing and riding them around. What kind of feedback are you getting from the bike in relative to sitting at idle, take-off from standing still, back-firing and so on. If you have issues what measures are you taking to correct them. Thanks!
They look cool man!

Thank you.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Did you use a bracket to support them or do they just hang off the end of the header pipe? My Lossa stubbies just hang off. I used a DB Dawg to make them a little quieter, and now I absolutely love them. Have Pieman's #12 tune as well. So sweet.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
After installing and riding them around. What kind of feedback are you getting from the bike in relative to sitting at idle, take-off from standing still, back-firing and so on. If you have issues what measures are you taking to correct them. Thanks!
They look cool man!

Thank you.
This is the only "performance" mod that I have done so far and am still running the stock map. I will be doing airbox, o2 senors, and AI deletes in a couple days, so I will wait to upload a new map until then.

As it sits now, I do have popping on decels, but no backfires. Idle is smooth. I won't be putting too many miles on it until I finish the rest of the mods and upload Pieman's Tune 12, as I know it is running lean.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did you use a bracket to support them or do they just hang off the end of the header pipe? My Lossa stubbies just hang off. I used a DB Dawg to make them a little quieter, and now I absolutely love them. Have Pieman's #12 tune as well. So sweet.
I am not using a bracket, but will kbe checking to see if it will be required. I might be able to get away without it. If I do end up needing one, I'll just weld a simple bracket on.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I now have my all my performance mods complete...Lossa cones, ARK, AI removal, and Pieman's Tune. All I can saw is WOW...its like a completely different motorcycle. TuneECU was fast and simple to use...what a great software! I absolutely recommend these mods and Pieman's map to wake up that stock Thruxton!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I now have my all my performance mods complete...Lossa cones, ARK, AI removal, and Pieman's Tune. All I can saw is WOW...its like a completely different motorcycle. TuneECU was fast and simple to use...what a great software! I absolutely recommend these mods and Pieman's map to wake up that stock Thruxton!
:Dyes sir

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Have you heard your bike running with no mufflers at all? How you would say the volume compares?
Sorry, but have not heard the bike with open pipes. Make no mistake, these are loud. Not as loud as the Lossa stubby cans, but a little louder than preds. If you can handle the volume, the tone/sound are amazing. My video does not really do it justice.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Not to hijack but i wonder how the #12 tune would work on a 12 thruxton, airbox removed, AI removed, with DD TT Race Pipes (street version). Seems although the DD system is slightly shirter they are both reverse cone designs.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Not to hijack but i wonder how the #12 tune would work on a 12 thruxton, airbox removed, AI removed, with DD TT Race Pipes (street version). Seems although the DD system is slightly shirter they are both reverse cone designs.
After looking at the options I would assume that's the correct application.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I dig the look and sound, but after searching the web, I can't find a source for these cones. Where did you get them? Also, I'm a new rider, and I don't need any more power. Noise, on the other hand, I do need more of. I plan to do the AI-delete forthwith, but no other performance mods besides the pipes. Would I be risking a dangerous lean condition running short cans like these for a while (like: a year) without a re-map? And if I do need a re-map to avoid running lean, how hard is that to do? Do I need to instal a different ECU (like I did on my sports car) in order to program it, or is the stock ECU programable?

I know, I know. I have a lot to learn (and should search more), but thanks!

Matt

·
Premium Member
514 Posts
Source: Lossa Engineering. try this link

Now, for the ECU, you do not need a new ECU. I recommend getting a cheap OBDII USB cable (assuming you have a laptop) from Triumph Twin Power and downloading TuneECU. Then install either the free map from the TuneECU site or pay for the excellent map from Triumph Twin Power.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts