Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
I got these yesterday, not sure about them yet, may have to black them out. Quieter then the stubbys for sure.
Can't decide between these and the Stubbys. They both look good.

What are you doing with your Stubbys? If you want to get rid of them let me know cause I just dropped off the insurance check with my mechanic and he will be ordering up parts within the next week or so. If I can save a few $$ on "used" parts from members I'll be able to do more upgrades with the leftover $.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
I wonder if that would bolt up to my arrow? Any idea?
<Finding Nemo Seagull Voice On>

Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine!

<Finding Nemo Seagull Voice Off>

:Eyes

The mufflers need to be replaced on my bike. So if Bill is getting rid of his Stubbies I offer the following in support of a sale to me....

I got run off the road by :Driving

Bike went end over end thrashing my existing mufflers. :policecar

I broke my back in the accident. :pout

I'm Old. :geezer

I need the mufflers to get the bike back on the road. :motorbike2

I was going to get these anyway so my bike would be :GoodLookin

And it would make me :HappyRoll if I could save a few $ to be spent on other parts to get it back on the road.

Yeah Yeah.. I know.... :Fiddler

P.S. - I'm going for a "Most Smilies Used In a Single Post" Award. :Dance02

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<Finding Nemo Seagull Voice On>

Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine!

<Finding Nemo Seagull Voice Off>

:Eyes

The mufflers need to be replaced on my bike. So if Bill is getting rid of his Stubbies I offer the following in support of a sale to me....

I got run off the road by :Driving

Bike went end over end thrashing my existing mufflers. :policecar

I broke my back in the accident. :pout

I'm Old. :geezer

I need the mufflers to get the bike back on the road. :motorbike2

I was going to get these anyway so my bike would be :GoodLookin

And it would make me :HappyRoll if I could save a few $ to be spent on other parts to get it back on the road.

Yeah Yeah.. I know.... :Fiddler

P.S. - I'm going for a "Most Smilies Used In a Single Post" Award. :Dance02
You forgot your best argument, are you not a former Marine? Semper Fi brother.....duh!
Truth is the jury is still out on these, so I'm not sure what I'll do with the stubbies. The reverse cones sound really cool, kinda remind me of the arrows on the Scrambler.

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
You forgot your best argument, are you not a former Marine? Semper Fi brother.....duh!
Truth is the jury is still out on these, so I'm not sure what I'll do with the stubbies. The reverse cones sound really cool, kinda remind me of the arrows on the Scrambler.
FORMER!?!? Hell No... they still pay me!

Well let me know if you want to get rid of them. If I haven't ordered mine yet we can make a deal.

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
Someone should take some stock headers and cut them short and make tt exhaust with those little cans.
BRILLIANT! !

I'm having my headers taken off anyway to have the cross over pipe cut off and the holes welded up. Shouldn't take much for my mechanic to lob off the headers, attached the Shorty Reverse Cones and weld up a rear mount.

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
A quick trip to the photo shop.... (not the best job but you get the idea)

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
/Bill,

Here is what I'm thinking needs to be done to accomplish this.

1. Cut pipes just before (from head end) rear mounting bracket.
2. Grind off rear mounting bracket from pipe cut off.
3. Fabricate rear mounting bracket (using #2) for welding on Muffler(s) after muffler position is determined.
4. Cut ( & possibly rebend) header to mate with Muffler(s)
5. Wrap Header (if desired)
6. Possibly have to address side stand clearance issue.

And in my case...
7. Remove Resonator Plate from Air Box.
8. Rejet and Balance Carbs.

I picked up a set of Bonnie Headers a while back when my OEM pipes blued up to a stuck carb and blued the HELL out of one. Thought they would work but the turn up/out after the rear mount is difference so they wouldn't work.

Right now they are just sitting in my garage. Going to run them up to my mechanic this afternoon and discuss this.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I've really been considering these myself, but couldn't find anybody who had them. I think they look great. If you have heard Preds in person, how would you say these sound in comparison? Would you consider a quick video to show them off?

Thanks!

·
Registered
805 Posts
ThruxtonBill, did you use DB Dawgs in your stubbies? I have them in mine, and it did quiet them down a bit. Wondering if I should go with the reverse cones instead.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I've really been considering these myself, but couldn't find anybody who had them. I think they look great. If you have heard Preds in person, how would you say these sound in comparison? Would you consider a quick video to show them off?

Thanks!
Better then preds IMO.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts