Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has been driving me nuts because there's no way to determine what it causing this. After running at 75mph for about 20 minutes, the motor loses power and feels like 1 or 2 cylinders shuts down. Back off the throttle for awhile and they come back in. This only happens when crusing around 75mph or higher. It clears up when you slow down so theres no way to figure out what is causing this. I have a '99 Trophy 1200 with 8k miles. Sound familiar to anyone?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Sounds like fuel starvation to me. Check for pinched fuel lines. Try running down the road with the gas cap slightly open. Could be a partially blocked vent.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Does sound fuel system related.

Check all listed above, fuel lines, etc. Try running with your fuel tap on "prime" to see if you have a vacuum issue that is not opening your fuel tap all the way.

Also, there are two check valves up by the fuel filler that close in case of a rollover, so fuel doesn't spill all over. Those are known to get stuck, ther was a recent thread on this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts