Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've reviewed several of the posts to the forum over the past several months, and have concluded that, aside from the starter problem that tore out the case castings, things are in fairly good shape.

This is a far cry from the forum of a few years ago, where we were all trying to figure out how to rejet, and where we could buy aftermarket parts, etc, etc.

Maybe we're at a point where, unless we do something really radical to our bike, we have resolved most of the day to day issues.

So, based on this, I think I'm going to try to kick the forum habit, and bail out on reading this site on a daily basis. I'll check in by the by.

Hope I've contributed some useful info over the past couple of years.

Bob

·
Registered
105 Posts
Don't Go!!!

At least drop in on a weekly basis. You have too much stored and valuable data in the old brainbox!

We need that stuff!

·
29,948 Posts
Bob,

your contributions have been excellent and very valuable. I hope you will continue to stop in routinely.

Remember - as time goes on, while the majority of issues have been addressed - a whole new set should start to come up soon - long distance wear and tear and overhauls and whatever else. There will always be something new, so stop in when you can!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Then there's all the interesting research stuff still to do aswell. For example: If you wrap a meat and veg pie in tin foil, wire it to the header pipes, how far do you have to ride before you can stop for a nice warming bite to eat. Essential stuff on these nippier wintery days.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hey Bob, you've helped me a number of times! I don't post much anymore, but i still check up on the forum fairly often. Lots of new members, and seeing the same old questions gets a little boring sometimes. Still, there's lots of good info here. Stick around. I'm sure we still need your contributions.

-Aaron

·
Registered
325 Posts
+ 1 to all of the above. I have appreciated your perspective and point of view from a seasoned rider. Hope you post from time to time...

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Bob,
I've always considered you a credible contributor. I know what you mean about cutting back on the online habit. I try to limit my use of the computer to a reasonable level, too. I hope you find something really rewarding to do instead. Happy highways...

Keith

1 - 8 of 8 Posts