Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just moved to the Champions Gate area and I'm looking for triumph riders to hang out with... is there a local RAT group?
I just came back from the Mods vs. Rockers event in Dallas Tx and would kill for an environment like that.

Peace!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There was a Rockabilly/Hotrod show in Bradenton??? Sarasota??? last year... If anyone knows if thats going on again this year we can plan to meet there this year.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm from the Pensacola Area, used to live north of Orlando. How about we all meet at Barber's in October for the Vintage races?

I rode up last year and fell in love with the place!

If any of you are in Suches, GA in two weeks, I'll see you there. Got to get my "mountain fix".

Ride safe.

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
Orlando RAT on Facebook

Just moved to the Champions Gate area and I'm looking for triumph riders to hang out with... is there a local RAT group?
I just came back from the Mods vs. Rockers event in Dallas Tx and would kill for an environment like that.

Peace!
Orlando RAT Facebook Page. Jump on over.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I think the rockabilly/hot rod show your talking about is the hot rod heatsroke hoe down put on by Pman at his classic cycle paint shop and it is a killer show. I think he is doing it in Sept. this year.

As far as cafe stuff going on around the area. I'm in a club based out of the gulf coast area called the Rockers Revenge MC. There is also a shop in Tampa that builds cafe bikes called Dime City Cycles ( www.dimecitycycles.com ) Cool guys you should look them up. Fuel Cafe in Sarasota is always cool too( http://fuelcafesrq.com/www ) Big Bike nights on Tues and Thurs(cafe bike night) and Moto Gp and world superbike live on a big screen.

Another place to keep an eye is a forum a buddy of mine just started on Delphi forums called United Hooligans of Florida. You have to join Delphi forums but its free and easy. It's meant to be a way for those of us who dig cafe racers that are spread all over Florida to connect and get some rides and events going.

Also working on a ride on Sun. May 22nd. Prob head north of Tampa for some back road burning. Your welcome to join us if you like.

Hope this is of some help.
JBird

Peace!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Rocker! Unfortunately there isn't a Tampa Rat chapter, not that we couldn't start one (HINT-HINT.) I also hang out on the Delphi forums and participate in the United Hooligans of Florida and belong to Mug Town Rockers (both are on there.) Mug Town is a group of us from all over the freakin place, from England to Norway to Dallas to Tampa and all of us belong to other groups.
I met Josh (Jbird) and the owner of Dime City Cycles and couldn't have met better guys. I'm also looking to get together here and there to hang out, have a pint, and bullsh*t about bikes, women and life.
Hit me up if you wanna hang out or maybe meet at a local bike night and represent British Iron.
I'm planning on going to the Dupont Cafe and Cars tomorrow morning at 7am...IF and only IF I don't get too drunk drinking alone tonight. HA!

Josh: Thanks for the info on the Hot Rod show at PMans. I hope to be there this year but don't forget me for any rides 'till then.

Peace, fellow Hooligans!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Close indeed. I sometimes go up Paterson rd. and north on Gunn for a quick ride (midweek fix). Sunday mornings are also decent for now but with baby #2 a few weeks away my bike riding will be on hold for a few months at least.

David

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hey Carlos glad I got to meet ya and hope you had a good time at the burn up. I'm gonna be working on some more stuff in the future with P'man and Jason from DCC so stay tuned.....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Triumph Riders in Tampa Bay

Hey Guys,

I ride a S3 and would love to do some riding with you guys sometime. Anyone heading up to the Barber Vintage festival this weekend? I'm going up Friday if anyone is interested in meeting up early Friday and riding up together.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I wish like hell I was going to Barber but alas I am broke this year. I went last year and had a friggen' blast. Between all the vintage iron riding around, on display, racing around the track, and the old fighter planes coming low over the campground, I thought I'd died and gone to heaven. Have a great time and if you see any of the Brit Iron Rebel boys make sure you say hi. If you see any poverty riders stay away from their moonshine.
In short have a great time and take lots of pics for those us stuck at home!

·
Registered
98 Posts
I'm in Ocoee, just West of Orlando. Don't have a Triumph yet. Looking at the new T120s. Current ride is a Buell Ulysses.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts