Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I need a pannier for my new Street Twin. I like the messenger bag look.

I'm looking at the Iron & Resin Pannier Bag (Terrain 2 Pannier). Does anyone know if it will fit on the ST with the up swept pipes?

Any other sources for a canvas or leather messenger bag type pannier that will work with the stock pipe set up?

Thanks,
Joe

·
Registered
692 Posts
I went with the Triumph panniers, I didn't really care for the look at first but I get a ton of compliments on the look and it has grown on me, plus I love having somewhere to put stuff.

·
Registered
16 Street Twin | 07 Sprint ST
171 Posts
check out the stuff from SW-Motech. They have Street Twin bags. The Legend setup looks like what you're talking about.

-Alan

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the replies.

I ended up ordering the Iron and Resin Terrain II Pannier. For the price it's hard to beat. There are others with more attractive looking mounting systems but, for now and for the price, I'll stick with the Terrain II.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have the I&R pannier for a wile in my ST and needed to do some tweaks to fit it.

The straps that comes with the bag doesn't allow you to have a good clearance with the exhaust (even the ones that goes al the way around over the seat).

What I did is an small DIY (pictures attached) so I have the bag where I want and more secured than with the original straps. Also I don't need to be worry leaving the pannier on the bike as you need to remove the seat to take it out.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have the I&R pannier for a wile in my ST and needed to do some tweaks to fit it.

The straps that comes with the bag doesn't allow you to have a good clearance with the exhaust (even the ones that goes al the way around over the seat).

What I did is an small DIY (pictures attached) so I have the bag where I want and more secured than with the original straps. Also I don't need to be worry leaving the pannier on the bike as you need to remove the seat to take it out.
Daniel, nice job! I was looking for some bag with this style and the Iron looks great. Did you have any problems when fitting back the saddle with those bolts in there?

Cheers

·
Registered
46 Posts
Not at all, the seat fits perfectly and help to secure the bag. Impossible to remove with the seat on. Honestly I didn't remove the pannier since I putted and I notice is not 100% water proof, so I have to use a dry bag to keep my bellowings safe.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this thread is five years old but I’m hoping you’re still on the forum. I’m trying to affix the same pannier to my 2019 Street Twin and can’t find a similar piece of flat, sufficiently strong hardware to what you have under the bolt. What is that?

·
Registered
2019 Street Twin
115 Posts
I also have the SW-Motech mounting brackets on my 2019 ST. I was going to get some Legend Bags (and still might some day) but I ended up using them to mount a couple of ammo cans that I had laying around.

Ammo Can Panniers Project

1 - 9 of 9 Posts