Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Leaning towards buying a TFC but the low bars have me concerned....2 total shoulder replacements in 2 years and I' like to have an option before I drop the cash. The R model Showa forks are apparently is 52mm at the top where they tie into the triple clamp. I'm curious what the number is on the Ohlins at the point that pushes through the top triple?? I've come across some that will probably do the job if they are in the 52mm range. https://www.bikermart.co.uk/Triumph-Thruxton-1200R-2016~-ABM-Multiclip-Adjustable-Clip-On-Comfort-Kit

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually had the money transferred and made the stop while on vacation only to find the low sport bars just to much of a reach. Sure I could ride it but for how long.... :| Sat on the R model next to it and it felt relatively close to my ZRX which I can tolerate.

I'd run down to the Triumph dealer myself and measure the top of the fork but my nearest dealer is 400 miles away. If the top of the Ohlins is the same as the Showa's (52mm) on the R model I can just order in the different clip-ons off the R.

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
Yes, the original R bars are ok for a 71 year old and I left them on when I added the fairing.

I think the lower R bars are close to the position of the TFC.

I will be driving passed my dealer on Monday, would you like me to measure them?

They had one in the showroom last week, I think it’s still there.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
61 yrs old myself and I'm tired of laying on top of my ride....been there years ago, kinda over it. Hoping to get an answer by then and I'll post up when I do.

The TFC is a sweet bike but like you noted, there's a lot of them still sitting here in the US. The dealer I'm working with has 2 and is shooting me a pretty good price out the door. 20K is a lot of coin to be dropping on something that I might not be able to ride day to day so I'd just like to do my due diligence on making some changes before I do cut the check....old age maybe?? Thanks for the offer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, the original R bars are ok for a 71 year old and I left them on when I added the fairing.

I will be driving passed my dealer on Monday, would you like me to measure them?

The dealer just got back to me and he measured 49.21mm...least I have a number now.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Finally got it done today...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts