Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I couldn't post it in the classified forum, I am posting it here - please PM me.

Thank you,
D

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Remember with bonnie shocks on the Thrux you will need to lower the front end as the bonnie shocks (or Ikon) are 1 inch lower at the rear. If not you will have less steering control and change the dynamics of the bike. If it is about lower seat height, you can get a lower seat to take an inch off the height eg Mototwin.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your response.

I have read about lowering the front to maintain bike’s geometry. I have also heard people who haven’t lowered the front and couldn’t notice the difference. I am going to try without lowering the bike’s front and see how it behaves – my understanding is that its going to behave more like cruiser [takes more effort to turn].

I know lowering the front makes bike more flickable – which is little scary for a newbie.

So I will try to live with the front not being lowered unless I feel otherwise.

D

·
Registered
216 Posts
Ikon shocks

Go to the Ikon shocks forum there the best for the job you want at the right price for the competitve market they will give you fromt and rear compared to the others for half the price of there rear shocks alone so about $750- 800 AUD they are Australian made but hey Phil Irving Was an Aussie to. Unless your planing on building your bike to do about 240 kph use these then if you wan't to spen the full $1000 while your at it get a steering dampner and you can change your front sprocket site that will prevent you looking for that 6th gear and take high speed shake out. wich you will not have anyway after installing Ikon shocks i orderd mine through (Z power) Australia. Im 110 kg i tightened my origial suspension up two notches and it did improve a lot but i travel at above 100mph frequently and up to 112 mpr on occasions im in the desert so nothing around. and ride 100kms a day and ive got 17,000ks clocked on my 07 bonnie already since owning it from september 07. So just over a year. For any performance upgrades go pipes, jet kit see how that gose for ya if you whant more go air box remover kit and try a rev limiter id recomend a tacho for that if you don't have one, that will increase your revs to 8200 if ya whant more low end kick like an easier wheel spin chuck a bigger rear sprocket on. all this is stuff you should not need the shop to install and the cheapest performance mod range you might say a stage 1 i think BC or new Bonneville offer a stage !package deal it is ya jets, pipes, and airbox elliminator kit rolled in one package for less than $800 ya save 150 or so that ya jet kit for nothing and you can tinker with that any time you want. good luck have fun get the max out off what you have then you'll know what you really need for the bike you want.:cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts