Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

looking for bar-end for Tommaselli clip ons

9K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  staf 
#1 ·
I have just bought some Tommaselli clip-ons from Thunder Bike in NZ. Good blokes and great bars. very happy with them and the service from the dealer, the 2" make a massive difference in handling and comfort without stuffing up the Thruxton look !
Enough of the add ! My problem is now looking for a suitable bar-end mirror and and a handle bar weight to match the single right hand bar-end mirror any ideas people?
Thanks for your time,

cheers Staf

#2 ·
I have just bought some Tommaselli clip-ons from Thunder Bike in NZ. Good blokes and great bars. very happy with them and the service from the dealer, the 2" make a massive difference in handling and comfort without stuffing up the Thruxton look !
Hi Staf
I know this is slightly off topic, but any chance you could post some pics of the bars? Been looking into them myself - just didn't know how different they'd make the bike look!
Cheers

#7 ·
#10 ·
I got mine from Cosmo Motors at the AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days last year for $100...they also sell 'em on their website for a few bucks more. Here's the link to a set of 41mm...

http://www.vintagecosmo.com/store/p...d=200&osCsid=2906e4d95d919fbc626e9232eb7a5a31

Haven't installed mine yet, but have heard good things.

Jason
+1 .. I thought the ThunderBike price was a bit steep at $320 US ? Are they the same 3 way adjustable Tommaselli's offered at Vintage Cosmo for $109 ?

#9 ·
Staf,
Not sure what you need for a bar end weight, but I'm running these eBay mirrors on my Tommi's. They were a whopping $35 or less for the set. They are knock offs of the CRG's I think. They hold up okay, but they didn't give me as much useful mirror as the stock W mirrors or the Emgo's they replaced. But they look okay, profile wise.
If you ebay "bar end mirror billet" you'll see them.
Sorry I don't have any close ups.

Attachments

#11 ·
From what I can see based on Thunderbike's low-res, non-detailed pictures, yes. :)

One other thing I realized when buying the Tommasellis - you'll want to think about either swapping to a Rizoma brake fluid reservoir or jiggering up a mount for your OEM urine sample cup, since the stocker mounts to a threaded hole in the stock right clip-on. You can bend the Rizoma universal mount bracket (read - flat piece of sheet metal) and mount it on your right mirror mount.

I'm probably going to go the Rizoma route from PJ's Parts when we get closer to riding season up here...it's -5 degrees F with wind chill and snowing sideways, so I've got some time. :)

Jason

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.