Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this should be in the wanted/sale section, but is also going to be a mod. I am looking for a busted exhaust side side case. Basically one without the door and everything else there. I want to use it to make a rack for my surfboard, save a little gas going back and forth to the beach. If anyone comes across one that they want to sell cheap or donate that would be great. I love my 04 and try and use it as much as possible.
Thanks,
Billy

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Hi Billy,

When I wanted to make a tool case for my Tiger, I thought about using an old pannier, but in the end I found it would be so much easier making a bracket. This worked a treat for me and there's no reason why it couldn't be modified to carry a surf board (oh how the other half live !!)

Just a thought anyway :

If you do go down this route you will find the cut out for the locking mechanism a bit fiddly to do, and make sure you brace it with something that slots into the foot rest bracket.

What ever you decide to do, post some pics of the finished article.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tiger-G, thanks for the input. I actually thought about something like that to start. Looks good and I might just move over to the shop and fire up the welder. I had a different idea to start(trying to be lazy), but your idea is much more practical.
Thanks,
Billy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts