Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you think of this one for an 09 triple? I was looking at tank bags, but decided that I'm too paranoid of scratches for one.

Can't decide between the 30 or 40 liter? How much does one need for a one-week trip? The 40 doesn't seem that much larger than the 30.

Kriega US-40 $220

Kriega US-20 (US-30 is $169)

The 30/40 are just a 20 with extra 10-liter bags that you can attach.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Im happy with my triumph tail bag. It holds pretty much anything besides an extra helmet or a laptop. Plus, it holds it's shape when its empty. The side pockets are very useful, too, for quick access to things like tools (allen wrenches, etc), or your house keys, whatever. Comes with a PVC lined waterproof cover.

It zips on and off the rear seat...no need to deal with straps.

It's good for day/weekend trips as it'll hold a change of clothes or raingear. Extended trips will require you to get a backpack or a rear rack, though.

·
Registered
144 Posts
First of all, I have used two different Triumph tank bags on two Triumphs over7 years and about 40,000 miles, and never a scratch at all. I use it every day all year around in Seattle weather.

For luggage it is hard to beat the Ventura rack system. You have a small rack behind the seat for a tail bag, or a larger (huge) rack and bag for longer trips. Works very well.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I am thinking about a Pacsafe tailbag because it can be locked and secured on the bike. It has a steel mesh construction so it's tamperproof.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts