Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at a 2019 and a 2022 XE. The 2022 is sold at a dealer with less than 200 miles, so a great pice for basically a brand new bike. The 2019 is private seller but a couple grand less with 4400 miles.

any differences between these models? I believe the range was updated in 2018, but not sure if more was changed for the 2022 models.

Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
1982 Suzuki GS 750T, (no Triumph, yet)
52 Posts
Scrambler 1200 XE??

2019 had the cat in the header pipe under your right knee. Starting with the 2021 models (IIRK) and later, the cat(s?) is in the tail pipes. Common complaint on the early models was excess heat from the header pipe. Made better but still warm there by moving the cat to the rear section. Owners of the newer models commonly fit early model tail pipes (without the cat) to their header pipes, thus eliminating the catalytic converter all together.

AFAIK, not much else has really changed on the XE or XC except for paint schemes from 2019-2022.

disclaimer: I have only test rode an XC, hopeful to buy a newer model in the near future.

·
Registered
2020 Scrambler 1200 XE
152 Posts
Looking at a 2019 and a 2022 XE. The 2022 is sold at a dealer with less than 200 miles, so a great pice for basically a brand new bike. The 2019 is private seller but a couple grand less with 4400 miles.

any differences between these models? I believe the range was updated in 2018, but not sure if more was changed for the 2022 models.

Thanks for the info!
The models only went on sale in 2019, they are not related to any earlier Scrambler models from Triumph.

·
Registered
13 Posts
New owner of a 2019 Scrambler XC here… major difference is the locate of the CAT as mentioned earlier.

I also think there’s been a slight change to fueling mod compatibility. Something about the 2021 and newer models not accepting BoosterPlugs etc. Not sure if it has any other impacts from a tuning or power commander standpoint.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts