Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've not driven it yet, but there is a 2004 955 Tiger with 4,000 miles on it and the man is asking 7,500. It's clean and orange and has side bags, which look small. I'm looking for you all to clue me in on things to look out for on this model. My current ride is a T100, 05, which I would be loath to give up, but I find it weak with two up. I can only afford one! Such a wonderful problem. What to do?
Meanwhile, spring can't come too soon up here in Maine.
Framebinder

·
Registered
220 Posts
perhaps consider new?

i'd STRONGLY advise checking out your triumph dealer right now...at least here in vegas, we are pushing out some mad deals cuz of how slow bike sales are right now. i swear, everytime i wanna go in there i wanna buy like 5 bikes...

currently we have an 08 tiger here with ABS and the full three piece luggage setup selling for 12100 OTD...no, that's not a misprint, they're selling it almost 7 thousand dollars below cost...

so suddenly, to me at least, 7500 for the used tiger doesn't sound so good. maybe if he was selling for like 4500 LOL. i'd check it out and see what you could work out...perhaps put down half and finance the rest? you'd be in a new bike that you wouldn't have to worry about previous owners problems if any ya know?

just some words of wisdom...since no one is buying "recreational" items in this economy right now, it'd be a good chance to go buy some motorcycles hehe.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts