Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just want to say hi to everyone here. I've been coming to this site for about a year now. Originally I was looking for info on the S3, and ironically this site discouraged me from getting one. I saw some threads about oil leaks and electrical problems, and of course the brake "issue" and they scared me out of spending my money on one. I wound up buying a slightly used '05 zx10r instead :smug: . Unfortunately, the S3 keeps grabbing my attention, and coming here nearly everyday doesn't help either. I've decided to wait until the weather gets better and then take a triple for a test ride (I should have done just that a year ago :roll: ), I'll make my final decision then. Anyway, like I said I wanted to say hi, I've been checking this place out nearly daily for a long time and I think this is one of the best forums out there.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Welcome. Ya know once ya test ride speedy its a done deal :-D In the mean time keep on steamin' an' a rollin' :-D :hammer:

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
For those of you too young to remember. :-D

[url="http://
" TARGET="_blank">[/url]

·
Banned
5,284 Posts
Don't take the test ride unless ya are ready to buy one. Believe me, I prolly wouldn't be here today if it wasn't fer the test ride. :hammer: :-D Just don't buy black. :hammer: :razz:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On 2007-01-29 18:13, Limey wrote:
In the mean time keep on steamin' an' a rollin' :-D :hammer:
Good catch! That's what I do in my secret life away from the internet. We don't use steam very much anymore though. :lollol:

·
Registered
979 Posts
Welcome and as the lads above have mentioned,you ride it you but it.And if you don't we have ways of making you buy it. :-D :hammer:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
On 2007-01-29 18:42, cheapbastard wrote:
Don't take the test ride unless ya are ready to buy one. Believe me, I prolly wouldn't be here today if it wasn't fer the test ride. :hammer: :-D Just don't buy black. :hammer: :razz:
I actually was thinking if I get the green one, certain people might not even notice that I got a new bike..AGAIN. :-D

I actually go back and forth on this, that's why I need a test ride. It's actually really cool that Triumph even offers test rides. Too bad other makers can't learn from their example.

·
Registered
278 Posts
by the way, the brake issues have all been cleared up on the newer 06 and up. and yeah don't ride unless you are ready to buy...it's that much fun. :-D

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
On 2007-01-29 19:08, Calitriple wrote:
You should tell people, as a joke, that you chaufer the homeless.
That's actually really funny.

(a lot of the hobos live that way by choice, I don't care really if they're on the train, as long as they don't come on the engine, and if I don't see them that's even better.)

[ This message was edited by: kcjones on 2007-01-29 20:47 ]

·
Registered
344 Posts
Welcome. Ya know once ya test ride speedy its a done dea

you are right my brotha...i went to demo it and a 675 just for the fcuk of it fer somtin to do with my old man on a sunday afternoon...after 5 frowned upon power wheelies during the demo it was a done deal :hammer:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
On 2007-01-29 20:01, DirtMcGirt wrote:

you are right my brotha...i went to demo it and a 675 just for the fcuk of it fer somtin to do with my old man on a sunday afternoon...after 5 frowned upon power wheelies during the demo it was a done deal :hammer:
I see you're coming off an '05 R1, similar to what I'd be changing from, do you miss the R1 much?

·
Registered
344 Posts
not at all...the only time i really miss it is at the top end...most of my friends still have liter jap bikes and when they decide its time to do 175 i can't hang...but all of the fun that speedy is makes up for that...and i like being the different one :hammer: just go test her and see...speedy will still feel like the monster that the zx10 is at lower range...and how oftern do ya do 175 anyways :wink:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts