Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else have (or have had) a problem with the gas wire being to short? When I turn my front wheel full left (I think it was) my bike revvs up. I guess the only solution is getting a longer gas wire. Where can I get such a wire and is there anythibg I should keep in mind when changing it?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
111 Posts
If the cable is sticking, adjusted to tight or incorrectly routed it will cause the engine to rev when turning the bars. It would be worth checking these first before replacing the cable

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If the cable is sticking, adjusted to tight or incorrectly routed it will cause the engine to rev when turning the bars. It would be worth checking these first before replacing the cable
I had to tighten the cable to get a quicker response on the gas but I'll make sure to check everything before wasting money. Thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Your idle speed should not change when turning the bars from side to side, full stop to full stop. If it does, the bike is not safe to ride - either the cable is misrouted, or damaged, or it is the wrong one. When I installed the LSL superbike kit on my S4 it took some doing to get the throttle cable routed most effectively.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts