Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been a lurker since 2007 and due to being hip deep in the rally car scene at the time never really posted here, but read/learned a lot. Fast forward to now. We are selling my Wife's 2011 Street Triple as she just couldn't get back in the saddle after my little brother died on his bike that same year. By the way he snatched the brake on a straight before a curve, we can speculate he was avoiding something but will never know as he lost control, left the road, and met a tree. He was her favorite sibling of mine and she couldn't get comfortable on the bike since. No way in hell I was going to push that. My question to you folks would be where would one post such a thing? I've always traded my bikes in on new ones. Did post it on Craigslist though, but Triumph is not for everyone (can't account for taste).

On another note, I've always loved the Speed Triple. That is one beautiful bike. However, I'm a 250 muscle bound ape and look like a circus bear riding a tricycle on it. That's why I'm on a Kawa Z1000 right now. A little bigger. Triumph coming out with anything sporty but my size?

·
Registered
37 Posts
So I've been a lurker since 2007 and due to being hip deep in the rally car scene at the time never really posted here, but read/learned a lot. Fast forward to now. We are selling my Wife's 2011 Street Triple as she just couldn't get back in the saddle after my little brother died on his bike that same year. By the way he snatched the brake on a straight before a curve, we can speculate he was avoiding something but will never know as he lost control, left the road, and met a tree. He was her favorite sibling of mine and she couldn't get comfortable on the bike since. No way in hell I was going to push that. My question to you folks would be where would one post such a thing? I've always traded my bikes in on new ones. Did post it on Craigslist though, but Triumph is not for everyone (can't account for taste).

On another note, I've always loved the Speed Triple. That is one beautiful bike. However, I'm a 250 muscle bound ape and look like a circus bear riding a tricycle on it. That's why I'm on a Kawa Z1000 right now. A little bigger. Triumph coming out with anything sporty but my size?

You mentioned your wife has a street triple but have you been on a speed triple yet?
And sorry about your lil bro, that's tough

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You mentioned your wife has a street triple but have you been on a speed triple yet?
And sorry about your lil bro, that's tough
Brother is what it is... thank you.

Yes, had some seat time on the Speed Triple. That's what I wanted, but the bike was physically too small. Settled for the '13 Z1000 as it was physically a little bigger. Great freakin power train, but otherwise not as nice as a Speed triple.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts