Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there-- in my 5 year quest to find decent pants with a good fit, I've come up short (pun intended). Any folks on here have insights?

I'm relatively tall (5'9) with a long inseam (33") and I'm fairly skinny, with, uhhh... booty. Great for shaking it on the dance floor, and sucky for trying to find gear that fits. I prefer leather pants, but I'm open to textile. (The jacket I most often grab anyway is a Cortech textile).

Ideas?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone?

Bueller? Bueller?

·
Registered
9 Posts
T-dee
Funny that we meet up, I read in my 1st introduction post that you said you had heard of me:eek: Well I heard of you on Lummi, guess its a small world.

I guess we are learning that if you ride a Triumph... you will be talked about:D

As for your gear question options, I had Helimot's in San Jose CA make me a two piece suit. Do a internet search and you find him. hes been in business for many many years. It is joy to slip into a custom fitting suit thats made to our specific measurements... for me it was one of the smartest things I done

ride safe

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Heard of me out on Lummi, eh? :p Would that be from my esteemed co-worker who rides a VStrom with a mountain bike rack on it? (Love the guy).

I will check out Helimot's... there's a cash flow issue, but I would LOVE custom leathers.

Okay, I'm on the lookout for a pearl yellow Striple now... I think I'm the only blaze orange R in town, at least this week. If we find a red bike to ride with we're a sunset. :D

Do you ever do the Wednesday night rides? I haven't yet, but it might be fun.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Not sure I can peg it on just one guy... several guys standing around and talking:cool: ( You get a Street, especialy a burnt orange, You will be talked about :D

Save your money for a suit... It will be like Christmas everyday!

haven't done the Wednesday thing yet...need too! Howard used to keep my bikes running when I was a kid and would love riding with him. Only problem is I'm in the Bay Area CA right now with my Triumph and plan on leaving it down here, maybe permanently. Do have another bike to ride... but its no Triumph

·
Registered
441 Posts
Back to pants, take a look at Rev'it sizes, they make many of their pants in short, standard and long sizes. Also many of the leather pants have tons of stretch kevlar panels to fit the female shape. :D

cheers,

gary

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Gary, I checked out Rev'it's line-up for women and I'm smitten... I wish there was a dealer near me so I could try the damn things on in person rather than play the exchange shipping game. I'm going to give Beach Moto a call-- smaller dealer than deals ONLY in rev'it stuff, it sounds like.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Gary, I checked out Rev'it's line-up for women and I'm smitten... I wish there was a dealer near me so I could try the damn things on in person rather than play the exchange shipping game. I'm going to give Beach Moto a call-- smaller dealer than deals ONLY in rev'it stuff, it sounds like.

Sorry no dealer in B'ham, Ride West in Seattle and Triumph of Tacoma have some gear in stock. Try Revzilla instead of beach moto, I have issues with Beach Moto, although you may have a good experience with him.

All I can say is I love Rev'it, just got my new Jerez gloves and love them, well worth the price.

Gary

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Okay, finally made it down to Ride West in Seattle today.. what a place! The good news-- their crew (especially Omar) was awesome in helping me out, and patient beyond words. I also lucked out because the RevIt rep was in store when I was there. Ride West rocks even more because not only are they dog friendly (I drove the cage w/beast), beast was so psyched with all the attention he did not want to leave. I left with a much lighter wallet but some awesome gear.

The bad news-- not bad really, at all, but different-- I did not leave with RevIt gear. I was a royal pain in the ass and tried on literally almost ALL the women's RevIt gear, and it just didn't work, sizing wise. RevIt's template for gals seems to fit a boxier shape than mine. The pants weren't far off, but they didn't have any longs in stock to try, and the regulars were a hair short. The jackets were gorgeous-- beautiful construction, styling, and shape, but not my shape. Any jackets that fit in the waist didn't fit in the chest, and constricted under the armpits. Jackets that fit my chest were huge in the waist, even with adjustable straps. I was crestfallen.

Just when I thought it was going to be a wash, I walked by the sale rack of women's BMW gear. There was ONE Santiago jacket (in the yellow/ sand/ black) hanging there, at almost 1/2 off, and just for the hell of it I put it on. Fit like a glove, baby! It was amazing. Granted, it's a different styling than I was going for, but the material,cut, fit, protection, and versatility are awesome. Next stroke of luck were the pants-- they fit like they were custom made (long, tailored waist, booty room), and also on sale. Got the gore-tex liners for both and left the store having spent about the same (perhaps a touch more) as I would have for the Rev-It gear.

Again, huge props to the staff there, and the RevIt rep. I wish the RevIt gear had fit, but I left with some incredible stuff that I never thought I could afford or would have tried on otherwise.

Okay, this post was waaay too long, especially being about gear. I love motorcycle gear the way some women love shoes. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts