Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has been posted before, I did a search here and it didn`t come up. It`s one of these unusual, arty vids that I didn`t really like when I first saw it, now I can`t stop watching the damn thing.

http://vimeo.com/49445992

Seems to be going viral on FB.

If any of the mods know how to embed a VIMEO vid on here, please feel free to edit this.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
I just watched the first 14 seconds and I like it already.

Thanks!

·
Registered
338 Posts
I like the whole "just ride" vibe of it, but the reality of doing that ride would be way different. They seem to have little to no riding gear, no weather protection at all. I spose if you had tons of time and could just stop the second you get cold or wet you'd be ok....but yes I thought it was pretty cool.

·
Registered
11,171 Posts
You politely made the point that glared at me Don.

"You take anything that'll keep you warm and dry"

Like and open face helmet?

It was a fun film though.

·
Premium Member
7,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like the whole "just ride" vibe of it, but the reality of doing that ride would be way different. They seem to have little to no riding gear, no weather protection at all. I spose if you had tons of time and could just stop the second you get cold or wet you'd be ok....but yes I thought it was pretty cool.
I think that`s the whole point of it. It`s not about riding a fully faired K1600GT or Wing with your Gerbing heated clothes on whilst talking on a cellphone, listening to your MP3 and staying at the Travel Inn each night where you can Facebook on your ipad whilst soaking in the Spa. It`s about getting back to basics. When I first got into bikes, that was what we did. We did road trips in the middle of winter wearing jeans, open face lids and Belstaff jackets, we slept in public toilets, carparks and bus shelters and if the weather was bad... we got cold and we got wet!
:D

·
Premium Member
5,053 Posts
It's a real lift to see people having that much fun. I had my share this summer but I lack the tattoos, and the balls to ride half naked down the highway standing on the seat of my Bonneville. . Thanks for posting this.

Sent from my iPhone

·
Registered
338 Posts
Well, I should point out that if I had the time I would rather tour on my Bonnie then my Road King. I would have more gear then the guys in the film did, but the "back to basics" thing is a big reason why I bought a Bonnie in the first place. I do love touring on it, but it is different then hopping on my RK and killing 1000 miles in a day or whatever.

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
Sorry if this has been posted before, I did a search here and it didn`t come up. It`s one of these unusual, arty vids that I didn`t really like when I first saw it, now I can`t stop watching the damn thing.

http://vimeo.com/49445992

Seems to be going viral on FB.

If any of the mods know how to embed a VIMEO vid on here, please feel free to edit this.
Really Excellent Rob Thanks :)

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
Wow. I thought I was a man, but then I watched that. THOSE are real men. I feel well and truly emasculated.

·
Premium Member
7,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I`m bumping this because it is double awesome. It is so awesome that today, I went out on my Bonneville and cleaned my teeth in a stream and ate sardines from a can with my hunting knife.

OK, I didn`t really, I rode to a cafe and had a latte but ONE DAY...

·
Registered
8,098 Posts
One of these days Ralph, one of these days............. :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts