Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Yup,prefferably from behind sitting on a crotch rocket .Its the only way we can answer your question with accuracy.
After you've posted those rear view pics of your long legged wife astride the crotch rocket, take her for a long ride on the back of said crotch rocket, then when you return, immediately put her on the back of the Bonne. She'll say "This isn't so bad" and your work is done.

What a helpful forum this is!

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
OK, Looking at a Bonnie I think this will work but it depends on how you position your feet (i.e. ride with ball of feet on pegs or with foot arch on peg (with your heel resting on the back of the peg)

You could do one of two things....

1 - Have a shop cut off the rear foot peg triangle, make it shorter, invert it and then weld it up to the lower part of the frame so that the lower tube is Parallel to the pipe. This will being the beg lower and further forward. Down side this mod will be permanent.

2 - Have a shop fab up a second mounting bracket (triangle) that attaches at the rear where the the existing peg is, angles downward & forward (following the line of the muffler), then angles up to the existing bracket and clamps on. This also would move the peg forward and down. Plus is that it is a "temporary" mod and can be removed.

Of course with either you will have to experiment with your wife's exact foot position to see where it is the most comfortable and doesn't interfere with your foot.

Thats the best I can come up with.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Have you given thought to altering the seat padding? Maybe a gel pad under the rear section will serve two purposes.

p.s. still waiting for the pics...:)

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well the avatar is my wife on day two of our cross Canada ride in 91, and yeak some times the simplist fixes work. That said I'll have to look at the pegs since Vera already rides on a leather pillow like a Princess!

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I can't type this without laughing, but my wife describes herself as a long legged short woman. We took a few spirited weekend getaways with her on the back of my Monster. As she assumed the sport bike pillion position for extended periods of time, and her mind wandered, she figured she had thought of the smartest mod ever and we would sell it on the internet and make a bundle. Pillion peg extensions. Turns out it's been thought of. I never did deface my Monster with this item. I bought a Bonne, instead.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I remember the trip Vera and I took across Canada as it were yesterday. This was to be our first anniversary of one year of wedded bliss, after the first day it was nearly our last! I had always gone solo and it was not far fetched for my to ride 800-1000 klm"s per day. After hours of sitting on my B... pad on the back of my shadow, Vera started to pound on my head. I pulled over and she collapsed to the ground, I had no idea that her legs would catch the air and provide for her the experience of of being in a Gynaecologists' stirrups for 6 hours! Needless to say the rest of the trip my elbows held in her knees and I forgot about my great idea of tenting the whole trip!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Ever thought of getting her, her very own bike?

Not only would it take care of her cramped leg... it would make touring a whole lot more fun :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts