Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Cannan Valley West Virginia

http://canaanresort.com/

KRAZDI Made the reservation for a cabin.

View Profile: KRAZDI

I have reserved in my name "Diane Murphy" a Cabin at Canaan Valley Resorts for August 2 (thurs) to check out on (sun) the 5th. We have access to all ammenities. It is a 4 bedroom and has additional 4 army type cots and a wrap around porch. Price reasonable. Some are coming friday. Join us on a cot for less then the cost of tent camping. There are 2 bedrooms left about 40.00 a night if we fill up the cabin. It's up to the guys to work out the food and the ride routes!

This has always been loads of fun for me. I missed last year, and this year will be a last minute decision for me as well. Contact Diane if you want to share part of the cabin facilities. If I make it, I think sleeping on the porch on an army cot sounds pretty comfortable.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Rally?

Hi all,

new to Classic Triples as i just got my 2003 TBS. Saw this post, but can't find anything else, anywhere, about this rally. Can someone elaborate?

Thanks!

Ken

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
I'll elaborate:

We get together as a group once a year for a rally. There are no events, no fees. We ride all day and hang out and have a few beers.

It's a great way to see the people behind the screen names and all the mods people have done to the bikes.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Ken,

Welcome and hope you can attend! We have a great time and see some great country. Also a great excuse to get away for a few days.
Congratulations on the TBS - I think they are one of the best looking bikes Triumph ever made. What color?

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Thanks. If you don't mind a newcomer, I may try to make at least part of that. I'm only about 2 1/2 hours from there.

Ken
Come on out and join us.

There's also British and European Classic Motorcycle Day on May 20th in Clarksburg, MD and the Virginia British Motorcycle Club Rally on October 2nd in Manasas. Both nice and close to you!

·
Registered
187 Posts
It's an '03, so it's tangerine and black. Only mods I'm aware of are TORs, flyscreen, bar end mirrors, rack/backrest, and some EBC brake pads. I put a fresh set of Bridgestone BT23s on it and now I can't stay off the darn thing!! The TORs definately help with the intoxication factor, but it's the way she corners.....

Now if I could just find a set of D&D 3 into 3s......

·
Registered
900 Posts
Well I've got some news to share with you folks...

Bad: I won't be making it to the rally this year

Good: Cause I landed a new job! :D

I won't be able to take vacation for the next 6 months plus I'll be working swing shifts (2pm-10pm). I should be making the Triumph Come Home rally since it's close so hopefully I'll be seeing some of you there!

1 - 20 of 105 Posts