Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My local dealership, Martin Motorsports, was robbed over this past weekend

http://www.pottstownmercury.com/articles/2011/04/22/news/doc4db0a08ec37b4453499016.txt

I emailed Dennis, the owner of the shop and while he wasn't able to produce an exact list of what was taken... he had mentioned that the bulk of the $60k in gear that was stolen was Triumph branded merchandise.

I figured this was a good place to ask folks to keep an eye out for Triumph gear, who's price seems too good to be true, coming out of the PA/NJ/NY/DE area and passing along a heads up.

I hope these bastards get the book thrown at them. Dennis is an excellent person, and runs one of the best dealerships I've ever been in, period.

I have been corrected, that this was burglary, not robbery.

·
Banned
119 Posts
My local dealership, Martin Motorsports, was robbed over this past weekend

http://www.pottstownmercury.com/articles/2011/04/22/news/doc4db0a08ec37b4453499016.txt

I emailed Dennis, the owner of the shop and while he wasn't able to produce an exact list of what was taken... he had mentioned that the bulk of the $60k in gear that was stolen was Triumph branded merchandise.

I figured this was a good place to ask folks to keep an eye out for Triumph gear, who's price seems too good to be true, coming out of the PA/NJ/NY/DE area and passing along a heads up.

I hope these bastards get the book thrown at them. Dennis is an excellent person, and runs one of the best dealerships I've ever been in, period.

I have been corrected, that this was burglary, not robbery.
What's the difference between burglary, and robbery?:confused:

·
Premium Member
4,034 Posts
That sucks. They are pretty decent, I don't wish that in anybody. I hope these beeped get caught. FWIW, I believe all the triumph gear is right by the front door, I'm nit sure if it was a case job or that was just easier to get quick.

Sent from my iPhone;)

·
Registered
848 Posts
I'm sure they cased the joint first, they knew exactly what they wanted and got out quick. I feel for the owner just knowing these thugs are still out there would drive me insane.

·
Premium Member
4,034 Posts
The dealer seems to be as upset about losing his "dummy" aka "Ben" as anything else. He was almost a family member it seems. :(

Sent from my iPhone;)

·
Registered
210 Posts
Anybody else notice something strange in the upper left corner twice, momentarily?
Yes.
The five of them were at the rear of the van and then one of them walks towards the front driver door and then walks back in the store. Then one of them runs off at the end.

·
Premium Member
4,034 Posts
These guys don't really rob the customers, sometimes it seems they take a few extra pennies, though. This dealer is also a K, S, and Y dealer, I have no problem with then getting robbed.....:d

Sent from my iPhone;)

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The dealer seems to be as upset about losing his "dummy" aka "Ben" as anything else. He was almost a family member it seems. :(

Sent from my iPhone;)
Ben is quite the fixture at the dealership.

I appreciate that folks generally have no love for the dealerships... but the owner of this particular establishment is quite the stand up guy, and they do some "unusual" things such as allow demo rides of any bike on the floor, or provide coffee and donuts for grubby suzuki enthusiasts.

It would be a dark day for us locally if they were forced out of business due to something like this....

·
Registered
422 Posts
At least they didn't take any of the good bikes. :D

·
Registered
210 Posts
At least they didn't take any of the good bikes. :D
Kinda what I was thinking. What a bunch of uninformed thieves.

Ray Price in Raleigh NC sounds alot like your dealer. They have soda fountains for fat Harley riders and they have every model of demo bike for you to ride. And after you're done, they don't bug you about it.

·
Premium Member
4,034 Posts
I sometimes stop in just for the ice cream, LOL.

Sent from my iPhone;)

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
that's insane

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.