Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
No 1: Holden Caulfield. Is older at age than he feels inside. Also buys a record for a family member (his sister) and feels sad when it breaks.
I once was in Hungary and bought a 78 rpm record (recorded 1932) of 'O sole mio' as a gift for my (now) late granddad. I guess i never took so much care for a record like this one (bringing it from Hungary to Germany).

No 2: Dorian Gray. I wish someone would paint a picture that would age instead of me.

·
Premium Member
22,706 Posts
I've always felt a bit like T-Bone from the Clifford The Big Red Dog stories.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Harry Haller - Steppenwolf

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Carl Hiaasen. His hero's are often socially challenged wack jobs that I can relate to and emulate. It's also important to maintain a sense of humor about the world around us...

·
Registered
11,171 Posts
I've always felt a bit like T-Bone from the Clifford The Big Red Dog stories.

I stopped reading Clifford before T-Bone arrived - bummer - how can I truly understand Lefty's perspectives now?

·
Premium Member
22,706 Posts
You missed all the good stuff, B.

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
I've forgotten his name, but the narrator in Henry Miller's, Tropic of Cancer, is someone I related to. Cynical about the human condition, willing to let spill his life story and inner-most secrets, and with a penchant for sexual debauchery, :D he struck a somewhat familiar chord when I read it in my mid-twenties. The character is autobiographical, but the author's actual life bears little resemblance to my own. It's what's going on in his head that kept me interested in him.

·
Registered
11,171 Posts
After much consideration, I have decided that I best identify with Max of Where The Wild Things Are.

Asterix led a pretty enviable life too.

·
Premium Member
22,706 Posts
While not exactly literary, I relate a lot to the Joe Bar Team characters.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts