Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm looking around for a nice cruiser/tourer. A couple of my friends own HD's. They are nice bikes, and a Street Glide would be a great bike to have. But I think here in Belgium, they are too expensive for what they are.

I'm really fond of the Rocket 3 GT Black. And it's cheaper that a Street Glide to boot! But 167hp... That scares me. Is there a way to have a dealer limit the power output?

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
You can ride it in Rain mode and don’t open the throttle 100%. Unlike HD cruisers with farings and luggage, the new Rockets are Street Fighters. The available luggage is minimal and the available, even aftermarket, shields are not very good. Depends what you want. If you’re looking for a genuine touring bike, there’s the BMW K1600 series.

·
Registered
1200XE and Thunderbird Storm
344 Posts
As Dougl say's rain mode - nothing to be scared of anyway, it's a pussycat to ride - Triumph have already tuned (restricted) all the aggression out in the lower gears.

·
Registered
64 Posts
It all comes down to the nut that holds the ‘bars.
IF it’s a perfectly adjusted and “tight” nut; then you’ll be ok.
It’s when nuts become loose that problems occur- -

·
Registered
56 Posts
If you don't twist the throttle you won't have a problem. The bike is happy to cruise around and be mild all day long. There are no surprises in the power band, it is very linear and controllable.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts