1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
235 Posts
i guess that makes you the "capable enthusiast" who cleaned out the sludge trapS in your rebuild, eh?

i suppose you're probably not going to buy it back, though...

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i guess that makes you the "capable enthusiast" who cleaned out the sludge trapS in your rebuild, eh?

i suppose you're probably not going to buy it back, though...
Yep. I cleaned all the sludge traps and was happy to take half that much for it 4 months ago - actually was a little embarrassed to receive more than I thought it was probably worth. While I miss having it, I've set my sights on my next project - Thought he was buying it to ride - a speculative investment? Most people are better w/ money than me so who am I to question ; -)

·
Registered
727 Posts
If you got about half of the ebay asking price, I think you got a fair price in today's market. If he sells it for more, that's cool, but prices are still low in the states. As examples, Snakeoil piked up a great BSA several months ago for about $4k, and I think that's about what Gatornapper paid for his new Trident.

Good luck on your project.
Ron

·
Registered
6,527 Posts
A customer of my Dad's many years ago, told him his wife wanted to move. He didn't, so he put his house on the market for a ridiculous price. Two weeks later he walks into the store and tell's my Dad he's moving. Somebody gave him his asking price. He was happy about the sale, but still not happy about moving.

For curiosity, I listed my BSA on Craig's List a coupe of weeks ago at $5500 and put a great description and nice pictures. I've yet to get a single bite. Not even an offer.

regards,
Rob

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A customer of my Dad's many years ago, told him his wife wanted to move. He didn't, so he put his house on the market for a ridiculous price. Two weeks later he walks into the store and tell's my Dad he's moving. Somebody gave him his asking price. He was happy about the sale, but still not happy about moving.

For curiosity, I listed my BSA on Craig's List a coupe of weeks ago at $5500 and put a great description and nice pictures. I've yet to get a single bite. Not even an offer.

regards,
Rob
Well, if the fella gets the $8900 hes asking for a 67 T100 that's not restored and not an historic race bike, my hat will be off to him. If the bike had once been raced by Gary Nixon and was restored to that condition, maybe it would be sensible.

I'm not having a sour-grapes episode over it - I got more than I expected when I sold it and am still happy with that sale. Just taken aback at such a high price.

Your asking $5500 for a classic British bike is not unheard of, but have any of you seen a T100 go for anywhere near that price?

FWIW, there's about one hour left if any of you want to jump on it : -)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts