Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve talked to lightech about them and they say there are two versions. A 108mm and a 95mm. Measuring the swing arm with digital calipers without removing the axle, I’m getting around 98-100mm so I’m closest to the 95mm. I was wondering if anyone has tried the 95mm yet and how they came out.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've got them on my '13 Daytona and really like them. It appears that my '18 STRS is about the same measurement. Did you get them for yours and if so, how did the 95mm version work out?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Revzilla had Lightech stuff on sale a week ago so I got a set of the 95mm version for my '18 STRS. They fit perfectly! No machining of any of the parts, went right on, better than my '13 Daytona actually.

Can you provide the Revzilla part number and SKU number?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
I should add, I change wheels/tires fairly frequently and these are super helpful in making sure everything is aligned when putting the wheel back on. If I weren't doing that every couple of months or more during track season, I don't think I'd spend what they cost, though they look really cool.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I thought I'd post up as well. Based on this thread, I decided to pick up some LighTech Chain Adjusters (TETR002). I installed them yesterday and they fit and work without a hitch.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,375 Posts
I want to see if I can fit one of these:

Givi support arm #RM6412KIT + RM02 rear fender to hopefully make rainy commuting/riding a little less dirty. According to CarpiMoto, it only fits the 765, because they only tested it on the 765. However, according to Fowlers parts fiche, both bikes use the exact same axle block sliders (T2010226 for the left side), and according to Givi's instructions...

https://www.carpimoto.com/Images/Products/Pdf/RM6412KIT.pdf

...the support arm mounts in place of and functions as the left side axle block, so I don't see a reason it won't fit my 675.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Do you have a tail tidy? ....this is tempting as the tail tidy == a bunch of spray but I hate the look of a regular fender....

do you know if you are going with the rm01 or the rm02? That pic looks like the rm02 and I'd be interested to see what the rm02 looks like with a tail tidy, as the pic above with mud guard ++ fender looks awkward.

·
Premium Member
8,375 Posts
I do have an Evotech tail tidy, and am going to get the RM02. There's something way too "cruiserish" about the RM01.

BTW, the stock "fender" really isn't. It's more of a stalk, and only meant to satisfy legal requirements for manufacturers to locate the rear plate behind the the rear tire - at least that's what I understand. It really doesn't stop any water that flings from the rear wheel from getting all over pretty much everything...including your back. I don't expect the Givi to be a 100% solution, and will be happy with anything around 50%

·
Registered
137 Posts
I do have an Evotech tail tidy, and am going to get the RM02. There's something way too "cruiserish" about the RM01.

BTW, the stock "fender" really isn't. It's more of a stalk, and only meant to satisfy legal requirements for manufacturers to locate the rear plate behind the the rear tire - at least that's what I understand. It really doesn't stop any water that flings from the rear wheel from getting all over pretty much everything...including your back. I don't expect the Givi to be a 100% solution, and will be happy with anything around 50%
Depending on the state, it may serve to satisfy both requirements: a "fender" and location of the plate. AFAIK there aren't any federal regs on either, so its likely manufacturers doing the bare minimum to ensure road-worthiness in all states. Although the fed regs do deal with turn signal spacing and plate lighting, which certain fender eliminator kits could conflict with.

Thanks for the pics of the RM01. I assumed it was *smaller* since it was cheaper!

Looking forward to seeing it on your bike. Although this idea may be too cruiserish, I'm wondering if throwing the plate on the mud guard would tidy up the back end even more.

·
Premium Member
8,375 Posts
I think I've seen that setup on some newer bikes, but think it might be a bit too much for me to handle, even if I wanted to do it. Not only would you have to figure a way to mount the plate and light to the fender without it looking like a total hack job, but you would also need to route a wire for the light along the swingarm and fender to the light.*

*I don't like riding a bike that gives the police PC to stop me. It's not because I'm doing anything wrong; I just prefer not to have that in the back of my head every time I go out.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I bit the bullet and just ordered the guard from Motocard. I'm going to see what it looks like in person to see how a plate mount might work. The wiring doesn't concern me as it's just a matter of finding the best route, but I agree that the mount could be problematic, especially with the shape of the guard. I think the easiest may be to use a license plate holder with built in light like this: https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/graves-universal-license-plate-light-kit

and then use spacers behind the plate if needed to clear the bump on the guard cleanly.

Alternatively, it may be cleaner, but more difficult, to use one of the two back-facing screws to add a bracket of some sort. They look like they are at off angles, though.

I think was thinking of the old monster. I like that it is functional yet not wasting space with a plate below the tail.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,375 Posts
Did you ever get the Givi Mudguard? If so, what do you think? Is it effective?
I did, and I don't know. I just started the job that is the reason I bought it this week, but not only has it been raining just about all week, it's been pretty dam cold. I can generally handle one or the other, but both is a bit much for me.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts