Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi There

My Tiger 955i 06 is born with only one of the driving headligths on. Is it possible to get both working ?.

Herrstedt

·
Registered
2 Posts
Interesting. The relays say they work on the Tiger as well.
So what is the setup on the Tiger 1050?
I Presume you have to replace the single filement bulbs with twin filement bulbs as well as fit the relays?

·
Registered
56 Posts
eye, eye

Hi there, did this one to my tiger a couple of weeks ago, I don't think you need to worry about any other relay positions other than the 2 empty slots at the front L near lights. Just slip the new relays in to the slots and should be working on both sides hi and lo beam. The bulbs on mine (and prob all others) are twin filament and only require the power provided by the relay to operate the previously disabled position.

good luck, hope this helps

Chris

:)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi there, did this one to my tiger a couple of weeks ago, I don't think you need to worry about any other relay positions other than the 2 empty slots at the front L near lights. Just slip the new relays in to the slots and should be working on both sides hi and lo beam. The bulbs on mine (and prob all others) are twin filament and only require the power provided by the relay to operate the previously disabled position.

good luck, hope this helps

Chris

:)

Hi Chris

Thanks for the reply.
Just took off the fairing - left side. There is only one empty slot !

Herrstedt

·
Registered
56 Posts
Back again (been working on a roof!), thats an odd one. On mine, there was a relay cradle with 4 slots, the ones at the top and bottom were empty and when I inserted the relays in to the slots both lights worked on both beam settings........this one goes out to the more learned owners!

good luck - hope you slove the riddle!:)

·
Registered
387 Posts
You just about got the whole answer there. there are indeed two spare relay sockets in UK supplied 955 & 885 EFI Tiggers. The relay block is on the lefthand side under the fairing, you can change them without removing the fairing if you have hands like snakes (i need to take the fairing off) There are three options here,
1. Fit both relays (two lights on all the time) you might need to have a little patch of tape fitted to the lense on the right(?) will need to check when I get back to the bike. this is to keep the beam pattern legal on the dip (some garages pick up on this some don't, mine did & fitted the bit of tape).
2. Fit the relay to make both main beams come on but leave out the dipped beam one. this means you will dazzle on coming traffic less & will not fry the retinas of drivers of low set cars when you come up behind at lights, junctions etc.
3. Fit only the relay for the second dipped beam so that both lights are on at dip & one main only. Can't for the life of me think why anyone would want to do this, it might be a stupid suggestion.:p:D

I went with option one & while I had the fairing off anyway I fitted a pair of Philips high output white bulbs (can't remember their proper name) makes a big difference.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
You just about got the whole answer there. there are indeed two spare relay sockets in UK supplied 955 & 885 EFI Tiggers. The relay block is on the lefthand side under the fairing, you can change them without removing the fairing if you have hands like snakes (i need to take the fairing off) There are three options here,
1. Fit both relays (two lights on all the time) you might need to have a little patch of tape fitted to the lense on the right(?) will need to check when I get back to the bike. this is to keep the beam pattern legal on the dip (some garages pick up on this some don't, mine did & fitted the bit of tape).
2. Fit the relay to make both main beams come on but leave out the dipped beam one. this means you will dazzle on coming traffic less & will not fry the retinas of drivers of low set cars when you come up behind at lights, junctions etc.
3. Fit only the relay for the second dipped beam so that both lights are on at dip & one main only. Can't for the life of me think why anyone would want to do this, it might be a stupid suggestion.:p:D

I went with option one & while I had the fairing off anyway I fitted a pair of Philips high output white bulbs (can't remember their proper name) makes a big difference.
Off Course you guys where right
There where room for two but as you said bigD one has to get the fairing and the rest of the front off before you can see it. And my lenses are both assymetrical so they are legal. The reason why theres an option for just light in one, is an old law that fortunately has been changed.

Thanks for your help

Herrstedt

1 - 12 of 12 Posts