Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I've searched extensively with the search function on this to no avail, if you know where an answer might be please point me in that direction....

I have a 2019 Tiger 800 XCX and I'm wondering what I can use to get the rear wheel/bike off the ground? Aside from a rear wheel paddock (what size bobbins do we need?) I have not been able to find much. I don't necessarily want to fork out 260$ CAD for a center stand (not right away at least) to do something that a simple car jack might be able to. I used to be able to use a motorcycle lift to raise my Speedmaster for maintenance and I'm wondering if I can do the same with the Tiger 800?

Thanks so much for your help! All ideas welcome!

Chris

·
Super Moderator
2,790 Posts
What are you trying to accomplish? No center stand? I used to leave my old XR in the side stand and put a floor jack under the lower shock linkage to get the rear tire off the ground.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info guys!

This would be to complete maintenance - oil changes, chain cleaning etc...

Thanks again,

Chris

·
Registered
140 Posts
You can get these jacks everywhere. The threaded rod adaptors I made myself to allow it to be bolted to the centre stand holes. More stable and great if you want to move the bike with the jack still attached. The casters I added so I don't break my back lifting and positioning it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Flash Nick - do you have to remove the sump protector to attach that?

Thanks Chico - I was wondering how one would do that? can you just support it under the sump protector? On my speedmaster there were two distinct frame bars at the bottom that I could use - I don't seem to see that on the tiger...

Thanks guys! (y)

·
Registered
381 Posts
I should add that if the support members are too far apart you could put some 2x4 wood studs at right angle to said supports.

Chico

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have a T100 so no sump protector. But you have centre stand brackets to locate on right?
Ah I see - I sure do! do you have a pic of what yours looks like when attached? there seems to be a ton of those jacks around my area for sale,

Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
On my 2014 XC I have a rally raid skid plate and have used a low profile car jack to lift the bike. Not the safest option but is affective for a quick maneuvering. I also required a rear wheel stand that has pegs that fit under the swing arm and can use bobbins. Finally I have laid my bike on the ground to remove the rear wheel for a roadside to repair with no issues however I have heavy duty crash bars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
I fabricated a lift stand adapter that lifts via the lower frame lugs below the engine, and the upper frame behind the steering head. I only use it for the major 12K services where it's going to be on the lift for awhile. So if you have some fabricating skills and time, you can build something similar. But I also have a center stand for normal use and minor services.

WP_20140426_012.jpg WP_20140321_015 -Cropped.jpg

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I fabricated a lift stand adapter that lifts via the lower frame lugs below the engine, and the upper frame behind the steering head. I only use it for the major 12K services where it's going to be on the lift for awhile. So if you have some fabricating skills and time, you can build something similar. But I also have a center stand for normal use and minor services.

View attachment 716154 View attachment 716155
Wow!

Wish I could say I had those fabricating skills! That's really great, thanks for that!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts