Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:DI just got my Legend out of winter storage, and rode her the 40 miles home. Both tires needed air, but other than that, she started instantly, idled as smooth as a cat purring, and felt great over every mile, despite the 40 degree temperature. It did feel strange to be riding with so much snow left in the woods and along the road shoulders, but even with all of the frost heaves, she handled like a dream. Spring won't be coming to the Adirondacks for a while yet, but any day with sun is now a "take the bike to work day"! By the way, if anyone is driving through the North Creek NY area and sees what looks like a small frozen pizza laying near the road, it's my frozen face, and I'd love to have it back:)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Amen!

Life is indeed sweet again! The snow has recently let out here in Milwaukee, and I finished my spring start-routine last weekend. My Adventurer started up immediately with no issues- (such a great bike)!
It finally rained last week, washing away the tons (literally) of corrosive salt they spread on the roads here every winter. Last Tuesday it actually hit 75 degrees here, and my ride home from work was phenomenal!
I teach seventh grade, and my kids all got a turn sitting on the bike and starting the engine- we discussed carburetors, disk brakes, and liquid cooled engines- a high point in the week for many of them!
In a few more weeks, I'll be loading my fly rod on the back and heading for the Bark River- Thank God for spring!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts