Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody make (or have a way to) relocate the license plate to clean up the rear end of a Thunderbird? I've looked around and can't find anything. Just trying to come up with another winter project.

·
Registered
111 Posts
This is something I've! Wanted to do for a while. Have you considered mounting on the side?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
I wanted to side mount my plate.. but ran into two issues. The only side mounts I could find mount to either the axel.. or the shock bolt.

I wanted the chrome swing arm cover.. so that ruled out the axel mounted side plate.

I also wanna add some hardstreet saddle bags.. ruling out the shock mount.

Oh well..

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I was wanting to locate it on the side... I've seen it done on a lot of Harley's, but didn't know if it was possible on the Thunderbird.

Joey... where did you happen to find those mounts at? I'm probably not going with saddlebags or much chrome on the storm... so either option would work. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Btw, be sure sure to check your state's laws before doing any modification. For example, the shot above by MOE1600 would be an illegal modification in my state as a rear reflector is required. Since it varies from state to state, you'll want to know what your state requires.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Btw, be sure sure to check your state's laws before doing any modification. For example, the shot above by MOE1600 would be an illegal modification in my state as a rear reflector is required. Since it varies from state to state, you'll want to know what your state requires.
And in most locales the plate has to be lit, which mine is. There are led lights built into the frame.

·
Registered
13 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts