Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a leftover 02 RS.....rear plastic fender has a flat surface for a tag, but it's narrower than a tag. Is there supposed to be a factory bracket here??

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Same thing happened to me. When I got home with my new '04 RS there was no place to mount a plate. So, I used the bracket that was once on my Ducati (pre-modification) and drilled the rear plastic to accomodate the Duc bracket. Voila! The RS is now the beneficiary of an Italian stem cell transplant. Or something like that.

Bruce19 :wink:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, it does, Scottius -
Mine is a leftover 02 RS - original dealer says they don't come with a bracket, and of my two local dealers here in Atlanta, one uses a Kawasaki bracket, and the other a Ducati -
This is kind of bush league of Triumph, but it looks like the fix is easy. What were you going to suggest?
Daniel

·
Registered
528 Posts
Just making sure about the reflector since that is another flat spot at which to mount your plate. Sounds like you've got it under control.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Just making sure about the reflector since that is another flat spot at which to mount your plate. Sounds like you've got it under control.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, Scottius....hopefully the bracket from Kawasaki will be in tomorrow...I'll post as soon as I mount it...maybe the info will help someone else.
Daniel

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, Scottius....hopefully the bracket from Kawasaki will be in tomorrow...I'll post as soon as I mount it...maybe the info will help someone else.
Daniel

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
They don't come with a bracket! Bulls***! My 2002 RS came with a bracket. As a matter of fact I flipped the stock Triumph bracket up side down and re-used it when I did my fender-ectomy. I'd make the dealer 'actually' look in the parts fiche instead of buying a Kawasaki part. (probably just easier to get and cheaper if he is going to have to eat the cost!)

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
They don't come with a bracket! Bulls***! My 2002 RS came with a bracket. As a matter of fact I flipped the stock Triumph bracket up side down and re-used it when I did my fender-ectomy. I'd make the dealer 'actually' look in the parts fiche instead of buying a Kawasaki part. (probably just easier to get and cheaper if he is going to have to eat the cost!)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
More evidence of a screwed up Triumph dealer network. How they all have different procedures for supplying a tag bracket is bush league!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
More evidence of a screwed up Triumph dealer network. How they all have different procedures for supplying a tag bracket is bush league!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
mounted...ugh, can I say "mounted"
anyway, mounted my kawasaki bracket today...came out just fine....guess I have a Triusaki now

1 - 16 of 16 Posts