Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 unmodified, except heated grips, Speed Triple.
I like 99% of it except the brake and clutch levers, to me they look so generic and boring.
I've found many replacement ones but they are usually either $50 or $200
What's the difference? should I avoid the $50 ones? or are the $200 the same but cost more?

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
I think that with some of the cheaper ones, they look nice at first but fade in color over time and may not be as smooth as the more expensive ones. However, this is just my speculation.

I've had the more expensive ones like CRG, Pazzo and ASV. Anyways, I've liked them all but found ASV to be the best because of the infinite adjustments and excellent finish.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
429 Posts
You get what you pay for, I wouldn't trust a $20 Chinese made brake lever on my bike. That said, I like Gilles Tooling levers...have a set on my S3R and had a set on my Ducati Streetfighter. Infinite adjustment like the ASV, but on the thinner side than most of the other levers, which I feel gives me more feel/control...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Why those sizes?
just find it comfier for how I ride. I only use index and middle finger on the brake and tend to ride covering the front brake for emergencies, smoother throttle, and blipping on downshifts.
and I use 4 fingers on the clutch so prefer the regular length

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thought I replied to this... I purchased the following,

F3 Series Sport Brake Lever # BRF350
F3 Series Sport Clutch Lever # CRF341
Color: Black, Lever Length: Shorty, Thumbwheel Colors: Red

1 - 11 of 11 Posts