Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to get ideas of what mufflers to put on the legend and it would be a great help if I could see some options on the bike. With that said lets see what you got.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Epco reverse cones (no longer in production). Still using them as they sound the closest to what I want. Don't like the look though.

Cone engineering 12" reverse cones $100 each. You must weld a bracket and fabricate a joint out of Aluminium. (Maybe another $40 each)

Staintunes. Sold them to @Phantomeye pm him as he's now using the tors I sold him and might give them up.

Cone engineering 6" shortys- same price. Best look but way too loud. Sold!

OEM street twin mufflers. Our headers end at 1.5" These are a little wider 1.6". Bought a pair and had to fabricate a little bit but then stored it away as the spacers took too long to arrive. I can gladly sell this pair plus the spacers. Pm me for details

Zee
2000 triumph thunderbird sport
2015 bmw f700gs

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Zee thank you for all the info! I pm'd you.

Anyone else running anything that is not stock?!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Sorry for not stating earlier, but the P/O "modified" the headers and the Bird had Thruxton's on it when I got her.

You can see the amount of the modification here:

I had no choice, but it worked out for me.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Dude.....Something tells me that they are a bit on the loud side!?

Is there any baffle left?
Curious how they might sound?

·
Registered
914 Posts
I ran 18" EMGO Shorty Reverse Cones with 8" baffles and stainless steel wrap on my '99 Legend for years. Very pleased with the sound and performance although I was still jealous of BigAl's BC Predators!

1 - 20 of 70 Posts