Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

301 - 320 of 325 Posts

·
Driftless Admin
11,399 Posts
The dog on the jet!!! What a pic. So awesome Bob, I didn't know we had that in common.

There are several guys with PTSD with service dogs in my daughter's training class. It really has make me aware of how serious and disabling that can be, and it's amazing how much a dog can help. Amazing stuff.

·
Premium Member
8,375 Posts
Man's single greatest achievement was domesticating wolves. Nothing else even comes close. He's not a service dog, but Coby makes me happy and content.

·
Premium Member
7,197 Posts
The dog on the jet!!! What a pic. So awesome Bob, I didn't know we had that in common.

There are several guys with PTSD with service dogs in my daughter's training class. It really has make me aware of how serious and disabling that can be, and it's amazing how much a dog can help. Amazing stuff.
Yes Ed, we have more than motorcycles and our daughter's dealing with personal issues and service dogs in common... We are also transplanted Yankees too :nod

Up until my daughter got her service dog and went through the process of bonding and developing that special relationship with Ajax recognizing and helping with her PTSD, things were always day to day. Frequent phone calls from my daughter at all hours of the night, many nights of my worrying because I couldn't reach her knowing she was struggling, and as her Father feeling so helpless.

The turnaround has been dramatic over the past 6 years for my daughter... and me too. I no longer get the phone calls at 3:00 and 4:00 AM with a Humpty Dumpty that I would try my best to put back together again. She is doing extremely well now, living in West Hollywood and going to UCLA getting her masters in interior architecture. I was uncertain of how she would handle living in West Hollywood, but she is so happy after adjusting to that lifestyle. She and Ajax are always out and about running into the celebrities that live and hangout in her neighborhood. The TMZ paparazzi know them well and she sends me pictures they take of her and Ajax with some of the "in crowd."

I hope everything goes well with your daughter and her service dog. It is truly something very special that develops in their relationship. The changes I have seen with my daughter is like night and day. She still does have her episodes dealing with her PTSD but they are few and far between these days.

Bob

My daughter with Ajax the Parrot Head...

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Dogs are the best people!
My daughter has undiagnosed issues and Buster has been so good for her well-being. I keep asking for her to drop him off to me while I'm house bound but she needs him as well haha.

Sent from my TA-1033 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,284 Posts

The kids bonding with the newest recuse to join our family.
She’s quite the looker with her cleft palate,lazy eye,broken tail, oh and missing part of her ear.
She’s smart,and learning fast, but she is what my wife calls “dead quick”.
Luckily I have some very understanding dog loving neighbors,all of whom seem to sympathize with me as I had to chase her down a couple times now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thanks for rescuing her! She's beautiful and looks to be fitting right in with your family!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,375 Posts
Beautiful GSD...
We're not exactly sure what Coby is. The county says he's a Shepard, but he has a very dark tongue, and friends who know more than I do (pretty much all of them) think he may be more Akita. I've thought about doing a DNA test, but in the end I really don't care what he is beyond just "Coby."

It's nice to see this thread rolling again.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
A belated Father's Day gift to me:
28 hatchling Boa Constrictor Longicaudas!
Just like the parents, no hiss, no strike, no bite, just calm as can be.

The pictures tell a little story from after work today:

Scooped up before work on Monday and put in an aquarium with wet newspaper
Here they are all in a heap
Mom watching me put them into individual containers so I can keep everything clean
Mom hasn't eaten since last December and looks just terrible so she's eating like a pig to make up for lost time and get herself back into shape and
Last but not least, one of the 3 day old hatchlings.

Attachments

301 - 320 of 325 Posts