Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There goes my retirement fund! Actually not that bad, but here is what will be happening over the next 2-3 weeks:

Have added the TOR's and rejetting
Just purchased a pair of Pirelli Sport Demons - went with a 140 in the rear and it looks great.
Went with a mototwin seat - looks good and is more comfortable - will probably send my stock Scrambler seat to Sargent for a complete makeover this winter
Added Ikons to the rear and am sending the front forks to Race tech for emulators and springs
Have the sport rear tail light set-up and smaller front signals (from new bonneville)
Also have a black sport handlebar - much lower rise
Looking for a standard chrome 8" headlight for front. Anyone have a spare?
Also added a Dart flyscreen

The bike is up on stands right now and I will post some before pics. Expect to have everything back together by xmas. I will take some after pics.

My goal is to turn this into a hot rod street bike. Engine will need to wait until next year. This year it is about suspension and appearance mods. Let the fun - and spending begin!

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am the test mule - they would normally charge $425 for the complete job - emulators, springs, fork oil, install - but I will get a discount as I will be the first application. Surprisingly they did not have emulators figured out for the Bonneville line. When I talked to them they assumed they would have an existing set that would fit. Also, I will get springs to match my weight and riding style. Once they get mine figured out I am assuming they will go to normal pricing for the emulators and springs.

I have installed my own emulators before (SV 650) and it is no big deal. I think the emulators were around $150 - spings maybe $100 more. I figured I will spend more to have them do it but since this is their first application I am hoping it will be done right - nothing like having a suspension tech person sorting it out.

·
Registered
79 Posts
tri650,

Did you buy the complete Lucas lighting kit from New Bonneville with the turn signals hard mounted, etc., or did you buy everything separately and drill, splice, etc.?

I'd like to add the same to mine, but I'm balking at paying about a hundred bucks more for the stuff ready to bolt on as opposed to buying the parts separately doing the work myself.

Brian

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Harveymushman - I bought the entire complete kit. As I have found with other items you need to be careful of how they fit on the Scrambler. This was made for a Bonnie and it does not exactly fit on the Scrambler. I mounted it with existing hardward but it is not right - I need to figure out something new with spacers and washers because it sits at an odd angle underneath the fender. Looks fine from the outside. I will post pics once everything is done.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts